Prologue

This is a work of fiction and  some characters are based on Turkish hit seriea Sen Cal Kapimi. names and other characters in this story are purely fiction.

If you're expecting a story very much similar to the series,this one might end differently. So read at your own risk.

This prologue is the bit I published in The In Betweens. Originally this was only a two part thing but decided to do make this into something else.

I added something on the last part of thia prologue.
😁
Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eda POV....

Ten years earlier.... Italy..

I was a senior in college when I met him. He was in his second year in med school. A tall lanky man. His dormitory was right next to mine. I started being friends with one of his good friend and eventually, we went out on a date. Being we were both from Turkey, we hit it off.  After a few months of being together, the semester was over, he needed to leave for home soon as I stayed for the summer.

Summer was almost over and I never received any messages from him. I was just shocked when I saw him on the side of the road walking with his friends. I waited for him to call, but never received any. That same day, I was out to get my laundry done. Just before I cross the street, I saw him walking towards the door of his building. I was about to wave at him, but behind him, was a girl, about the same age as me. Their hand intertwined and that's the last time I saw him.

For months I've moped around asking myself why things like this happened to me, I transfered to a different dormitory. After college, I got a job in an architecture firm in Istanbul and worked my ass off.

Present day... 

"Ceren, my mother's going freak. Enough with the make up." We're in my room, Ceren volunteered to dress me up tonight.

"Come on, Eda. The brush barely touched your skin. You need to go out and meet new guys. The last guy you dated was weird." She's talking about Denis. He's the owner of the coffee shop near the office.

"Hey, I only went out with him once. That was just one date." 

"Good thing it was just one date  He looks like a psycho. Good thing you got rid of  him" Ceren is one of my best friends, we both grew up in Silé, went through grade school and highschool together and got separated during college, because Ceren studied fashion in Spain, while I studied Architecture in Rome.

"Don't say that."

"Oh Eda, you fool. Come on. Figen is waiting for us downstairs. You don't want her up here." We were going out  to attend a party. It's a Friday after all. No work the next day.

"I'll be right there." I stared at the dress Ceren laid on the top of the bed. I let out a sigh. "I guess I don't have a choice."

They were babbling about some guy they met at lunch earlier when I got downstairs. My mother Elif, who's a nurse, and is the best mom in the world was in the kitchen, preparing some tea before we leave.

"Hey mama."

"Hey darling. Oh, you look gorgeous."

"Here, let me help you with that." I grabbed a tray and place the teacups on it. "I'll bring it. You go get ready. You have work tonight." I gave her a peck on the cheek before heading towards the receiving area.

"Whoa Eda!" Fifi or Figen exclaimed.

Figen, is a friend from work, she was one of the first people I got friends with at the firm. Today we are both partners to the firm, she however is an engineer.