Chapter 6

This is a work of fiction with characters based on the Turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi.

#EdSer
#EdSerFanfic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" So, you two. Do you  have any plans on getting married soon?" Elif asked, looking at me and at Eda

"Ma!" Eda gasped, spilling tea all over the table.

"Huh!?" I was dumbfounded.

"What? I've seen those looks. You two can't fool me. Tell me. How long have you been seeing each other?" Wow, this woman is something else. I like her.

"Ma, stop that."

"Are you not dating?"

"Ugh.. I ugh.. " Eda was lost for words, looks at me for help. Then Ceren walks in.

"Oh, Mama Elif, they just made up last night. You should've seen how Ed....." Eda shush her with a piece of bread from the table.

"Ma, can we eat breakfast first? I have to go to work."

"Sure, Serkan?  Come on, sit next to Eda."

"I ugh.. sure Elifhanim." I look at Eda's apologetic face.

I sit next on the chair near to Eda, her mother on my left.
Eda leans over and whispered "Sorry." while lightly squeezing my arms with her hand. I smile and lean to her.

"It's okay." I whispered back.

"So Serkan, you're a doctor?" Elifhanim asked, pouring herself some tea.

"Yes ma'am." I briefly answer, pinching a piece of the bread Eda put ony plate.

"A resident?" She asked.

"Attending ma'am, just recently." Unlike what others presume, I started as an intern in Bolat Med. And had to work my way up, contrary to what others believe.

"Oh... Impressive. What do you specialize on?" Melek asked, who was sitting across me.

"Neurosurgery." I answered and take a sip of tea.

"Wow. How old are you?" Elif asked. I know she is a nurse. Eda mentioned it many times before. She's probably wondering how someone as young as me, is already an attending physician.

"I'm thirty-five ma'am." I answered.

"You must be very smart and dedicated."

"With the profession I chose, dedication is important."

"You're right. I like this one sweetheart. Marry him."

Eda choked, coughing uncontrollably. I turn to gently rub her back.

"Ma!" Eda exclaimed, I stopped myself from smiling, her mother is something else.

"What? You're thirty, you're not getting any younger." I looked at Eda's now red faced, the most adorable thirty year old. If it were up to me, I'd marry her in a heartbeat.

"Ma! Will you stop?"

Elif sighed and laugh. "look how red your face is." I smile, Eda  exhaled harshly.

"I should go. We should go." Eda said, grabbing my arm, I immediately stand up.

"Thank you for breakfast Elifhanim."

"Oh, Serkanbey? I'm cooking dinner tonight, will you be able to join us?"

"Ugh.. Yes ma'am." I answered, a smile glued on my face.