Chapter 1

This is a work of fiction with characters based from the Turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi. Any additional characters added are purely fictional.

#EdSerFanFiction

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month later....

Bolat Medical Center,
Sunday

I have been keeping myself busy the past few weeks. That night didn't go as I wanted.

I was behind the bar that night, my mother had decided to throw a party in relation to the new Heart Center Building we're planning to build. Though I have no direct connection to the practice, it is still a proud accomplishment on my part. The medical field is our families legacy.

The night was going smooth when Engin, my friend, a cardiologist point out the arrival of his favorite ER doctor, I was ignoring all the words he was saying as I fix myself a glass of bourbon.

As I pour the drink I felt something telling me to look at where Engin ran off to. He was there standing beside Dr.Baytekin(Pyril), with four other girls. Engin looked my way and motion for me to join them. And there I saw her, like all the lights in the area was just focused on her. Her olive skin popping, because of the red dress she was wearing, her face glowing as I remember. "Eda!" I blurted, not knowing I was already a few steps away from the bar.

"Serkan!" My mother blocked my path. "Mother?" I smiled at her stretching my neck to check where she went as some of the guests including my mother block the way.

"What is it mother?"

"Nothing, I haven't talked to you since yesterday, you live nearby but we rarely see each other." I sighed, trying to hide the annoyance by sipping from my glass.

"I was in a brain surgery for almost ten hours yesterday, mother. I needed to sleep and had to check my patients this morning." I tiptoed, I saw Engin enjoying Pyril and the other girl's company, but she wasn't there.

"I heard about that. Good job son. I'm sure your father is proud." She wipe the tear on the side of her eye.

"Mom, I'm sure he'll be enjoying tonight, if he was still with us." She smiles as I hug her. I looked around in search of someone in red, but nothing. My mother finally let me free, talking to the other guests. I turn and didn't saw a server was behind me and spilled my drink.

"Oh, Serkanbey, I'm sorry." The waiter said, putting down his tray of empty glasses and grabs a towel.

"No, it was my fault. Go on, don't worry about it. I'll just change." He keeps apologizing before walking towards the bar. I decided to change, walking briskly towards the stables. I was about to take the step to my house, when I see a silhouette with my peripheral vision. I walked slowly, trying not to make a sound. As I draw nearer, I was sure the person was a girl as she stops to touch Yildiz' nameplate by the stable door.

"Yildiz!" She whispered and I heard hooves walked towards her. Yildiz' head appeared. She starts stroking his head as I walk nearer, until I was sure it was her. Eda.. I wasn't able to say aloud. I was about seven feet away from her, standing unnoticed in the shadows. Ignoring the fact that my shirt reeks of alcohol.

"Hey, I know where tou got your name." She strokes the horses forehead and without any hesitation I blurted. "Do you?" I see her startled from my voice causing the horse to kick the stable.

"Sorry, I was just curious about the horses." She said, slowly walking passed me, her head bending slightly down. I grab her arm as I step into the light.