CHAPTER 7 : THE ACCIDENT

It was 2nd of January of 2022 , First day without Detective Ruby and Detective Charles was still unconscious . Detective Ruby's funeral was held , everyone was there all team members , Felix , captain and Kia was there too to support Felix and to give final regards to Detective Ruby . She was buried at a special place where police officers were kept .

But to her surprise while she was there she saw her mom , Kia's mom was also there at the funeral and was talking to other people who were dressed as police officers soon she realized that other people who she was talking were actually her team mates who she goes to work with. Kia's mom name was Valerie who was actually a police officer too she used to work on the Narcotics Team . It was a surprise for her she saw her mother there. Kia approached her mother Valerie and said ,

" Mom how are you here ? Do you know Detective Ruby ."

She replied in surprise " Yeah I kind of know her but Kia what are you doing here ."

Kia said " Oh me I told you about my friend Felix right ! its actually his mum ."

Valerie got suddenly quiet for one second , Kia then said hi to her mum team mates and as she was about to go Felix came and asked who she is said . Kia introduced both of them to each other. As Kia and Felix was about to go Valerie stopped them and as said ,

" I actually want to tell you about something come to the library at 5pm sharp I won't wait ."

Kia said , " Mum you can tell now its okay he is my friend ."

Valerie said , " Both of you have to come Its very important and I can't tell you now ."

Valerie left after saying this and Kia and Felix got confused and decided to go the library later .

After the funeral Felix and Kia went to have lunch both depressed knowing what happened , and suddenly on the TV it was broadcast about the death of Detective Ruby and Detective Charles being injured. Felix and Kia suddenly became attentive as it was a live press conference ,

It was declared Detective Ruby and Detective Charles car crash incident as ACCIDENT . The police chief said ,

" Because of the harsh weather conditions , Heavy snowfall and wet roads we declare this incident as purely accident . Autopsy was didn't needed on the dead victim of accident which was Detective Ruby as after many considerations and after checking we are declaring this as an accident . Not only that was heavy snowfall the driver was presumed to be under the influence of alcohol and this would have lead to them crashing their car from the cliff to the bottom of mountain . It was presumed the car was rolled several times which led to several back and head injuries . About Detective Charles his condition is stable for now but he is still unconscious and after checking he is presumed to be in coma . I hope my condolences to the Detective Ruby's Family and as a police chief I did everything I could ..."

Felix was fuming with anger and shouted "

What an accident !!! but they were talking about something else earlier and what victim DON'T YOU PRETEND TO CARE ABOUT THEM ALL YOU DO IS CARE FOR YOUR REPUTATION you mot**rf**ker ."

Kia calmed him down and took him out of the restaurant and said ,

" There must be some misunderstanding lets calm down and call your father or the doctor who said that it could be a murder . How can they do this to a person just cause of bad weather they can declare it as an accident ."

Felix hurriedly called his dad but he was not picking so they went to police station together . And there he saw his dad and said ,

" Dad what is this ? Why they are saying it is an accident ? DAD TELL ME WHY ?"

Captain said , " It is an accident didn't you heard them ."

Felix said while in almost tears " But Yesterday they were talking about something else dad what is going on why wont you tell me."

As Felix was about to continue his dad slapped him and said " I'm busy and shut up your mom is dead ."

Felix was crying silence was so loud Kia looked Captain with disgusted look and took Felix out of there . They went to a park and Felix started crying and said ,

" Kia what am I supposed to do ? yesterday they said it was a murder but noww they are saying a fucking accident only person who know this is uncle Charles but he is also in coma I don't know what to do ."

Kia didn't said anything just hugged Felix . Felix started crying more and said ,

" If you weren't here I would have been gone crazy ." Then Kia said ,

" Yea of course I'm your best friend and its 5pm we have to go and meet mum I wonder what she wanted to tell and I think its pretty serious lets go ."

IN THE LIBRARY

Kia and Felix reached library and shortly after Valerie arrived and said ,

" I won't take too long but its about your mother Felix ."

Felix said , " My mother you know her ?"

Valerie said , " What I'm about to tell is supposed to be a secret nobody should know this neither your dad Felix Captain I don't trust him ."

Kia and Felix nodded in agreement to not tell anyone about this and said ,

" listen to some rules first

1 Don't tell anyone about this conversation

2 Felix you don't know me after we talk

3 Don't interrupt me in between

4 Take a glass of water because this is going to be something only a selective people know

And I'm telling both of you this cause Felix you deserve to know ."

Valerie continued and said ,

" Death of Typhoon parents the serial killer was not that simple . They died cause they worked as spies . Roxanne and Alex Typhoon parents were not mafia but were actually narcotics spies who were working under me and Typhoon didn't knew that . His parents died a miserable while trying to investigate about the secret mafia who was manufacturing a very unique and special type of drugs known as DRAGONFLY which is still in the drug market . Our mission failed we were not able to protect them and we had no idea that both of them had a child who would later become a serial killer . Most of this mess had been made by us . We were not able to catch the mafia and the drug disappeared for a while but came back in 2004 ."

Felix asked ' But what does it have to do with my mother and why nobody knows about that ?'

Valerie continued " your mother came to me at 31st December 23:00 pm and confirmed about same things. Your mother was murdered as she was searching about this drug and truth behind Typhoon parents either she was killed by the mafia who manufactured drugs or either by Typhoon ."

Felix said " Does my dad knew this ? but why he is doing this ?"

Valerie said ,

" Yes probably he knew that and was told to cover up the case just like I was told to cover up the fact the parents of a serial killer was actually from police and this is there fault ."

Kia said ,

" Then in order to find the truth we have to find Typhoon he is the only one who know about that and he deserves to know what happened to his parents ."

As Kia was about to continued her mother stopped both of them and said ,

" You guys are adults I don't need to tell anything because of that mafia we have lost already 2 spies 1 Detective and 1 detective is injured don't do anything I hope you have already learned what will happen if you go after them ."

The truth was hard to bear for Valerie it was a scar that will remain forever for Felix it was injustice because of his mom and for Kia it was a dark truth that needed to be known to the world .

Felix and Kia decided to follow Detective Ruby's Foot steps and find out the truth , they decided to go on a wild and dangerous hunt , a hunt that will one way or the other slowly kill them inside . KIA AND FELIX DECIDED TO HUNT DOWN Typhoon to find out the truth and fit the missing pieces of puzzle .