49: Ambushed and Knocked Out

"Xiao Zhan, honey. You shouldn't be doing this," For the nth time, Mrs. Xiao approached Xiao Zhan standing behind the counter, attending to a customer.

"Mom, you are being paranoid, I'm only standing behind a counter," he beamed at the customer, waving to them. He whirled to his mother and gently nudged her on the shoulders. "Go away now, Mom, I'm fine," as soon as she was gone, he swerved to the next customer, a luminous smile on his face. "Hello, what's your order?" He picked up his notepad, ready to take the order and when he finally glanced up, he found a pair of dirty eyes gawking at him. Xiao Zhan froze for a second, watching as the stranger plopped a gun on the counter before him.

Xiao Zhan nearly sighed. Why couldn't he go a day without the unnecessary drama, not that he minded but he wasn't in the mood to get messy or stain his parent's restaurant. He hissed. "Do you have the license for that, it's very dangerous to carry around, especially in an open place like this," He started with an uninterested tone.

"Come with us and we won't harm anyone,"

Xiao Zhan lifted an eyebrow. "Oh, you're not the only one?" He took a quick scan and indeed, noticed the odd ones out. Xiao Zhan leaned closer to his offender. "Let's not make this a big deal, do you need mon-" his words were cut off when the man clasped the gun and Xiao Zhan grabbed his wrist, and instantly, both struggled to keep their hands on the gun, a crusade that accidentally set off the gun and a boisterous bang filled the entire restaurant, followed by the terrified screams of customers. "You stupid fuck!" Xiao Zhan grabbed the gun and smashed it against his temple, instantly knocking him out and joining the chaos that waited.

However, his wrist was grabbed before he could plunge from the counter and he was hauled. He sharply swiveled, throwing a fist at the intruder's masked face who still had a firm grip on his hand.

"You have to come with me!"

Xiao Zhan glared. "The fuck I am!" His fist aimed for the man's face once again however, a sudden pain struck him at the nape, he swerved with a hazy mind and shot the person before he lowered to the floor and everything went blank.

*~*

He tried to be calm, he really did but every face standing in front of him made his blood boil, and the beast in him threatened to unleash.

"One job..." He started, "I have you one job, watch Xiao Zhan and keep him safe at all cost YET YOU COULDN'T FUCKING DO IT!" Wang Yibo finally lost his cool and his men flinched. Fluidly, he grabbed his gun off his office table, edging at their faces. "Who am I killing first?"

"Bo-," Zhujin started but nearly felt his soul leave his body when Wang Yibo swiftly aimed the gun at his face.

"Maybe I should start with you since you were with him," He stated in a dangerous and low tone that matched the dark and deadly glint in his eyes.

Zhujin gulped, he knew one wrong word and he would be meeting his early graves. But how could he explain that everything happened too fast?

One more he was helping out in the restaurant as a waiter, peacefully, followed by a gunshot that erupted chaos in the restaurant, realizing too late that a bomb had been set and also realizing too late that Xiao Zhan was already gone and before he could react, the bombs exploded which resulted to a lot of people losing their lives and then, Wang Yibo arrived at the scene but it was already too late.

And now, no one knew where Xiao Zhan was, if he was dead or alive.

Haikuan, being present decided to intervene, he grabbed Wang Yibo's wrist and snatched the gun from his grasp. "Calm down, Wang Yibo. Anger won't bring Xiao Zhan home. He's a strong kid, I believe he's still alive,"

Wang Yibo grunted in frustration, yanking his hair and kicking the nearest wall.

He was gone for 30 minutes and they decided to snatch away his only reason for living. Oh, he was going to find them and make them wish they were never born!

He sharply reeled to his men. "1 hour..." He began, glaring at their faces. "You have one hour to find his whereabouts and you better pray he's still breathing and unscratched because I'm going to be your worst and greatest nightmare. Out!"

Without having to be told twice, they scrambled out of the office.

"I'm going to kill every one of them if a strand of hair of his is touched!"

To be continued...!

*~*

Sorry for the short chapter but I felt it's right that I end it there.

See you in the next chapter!