Chapter 45

CATALIA'S POV:
We went back to where they all were, some looked shocked and others confused as to why I was with father but decided to avoid questions. The only one different was Nana, I only saw understanding when she looked at me and thankfulness to father.

"What are we gonna do now?" mom asked as me and father sat down.

"Lia?" Savier called me as I looked at him. "I know this isn't the right time to say this but both the french and italian mafia are in trouble." he said which made my eyebrows scrunch.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Without both Dons the Mafia can't opperate. We need a temporary leader to lead us while the Dons are kidnapped." he said slowly.

"What are you implying?" I asked again resting my chin on my palm.

"As the direct relative of Blake you have to temporary fill in his position while he is still gone." He continued that only further confused me.

"But shouldn't there be a ceremony to happen as the passing down of the title is very important in a mafia community?" I asked.

"As per tradition, if something happens to the current Don like died, get kidnapped or such if there isn't a proper ceremony made it will temporarily passed down to the direct descendant, if none or if the descendant is too young then it will be passed on the sibling. Since none of your brothers are here, you will automatically be the temporary Donna of the Italian Mafia." Savier explained as I looked at Grandpa and Uncles to confirm and they nodded.

"Why can't grandpa or one of the uncles do it? Why can't you do it?" I asked pointing at them with an open palm.

"Your Uncle Dan will take over the French Mafia temporarily as between all four of us, he was the one that never led any of the two family mafia. As why we can't, we have already ruled the mafia once in our life and it has already passed on to a different generation, a don can only rule a mafia once in their life. That is a strict rule, it doesn't matter how long, you only have one chance to become a don and that's it, once your reign is done, it's done." Grandpa explained this time

I looked down as problems, priorities and responsibilities were piling up on my plate that I am not ready for.

"I'm not ready for this, it's all too much." I mumbled my head falling on my hands.

"We don't have to do it all at once Lia, we can take it one step at a time." Uncle Franco said.

"That's the point, we don't have time. As time ticks our family is in more danger. As time ticks our family gets more and more tortured and we don't even know where to start at this point! We don't have any clues or... Or evidences or anything! Nothing!" I said bursting out, I stood up and started walking back and forth while tapping my lip with my fingers repeatedly.

"Lia? Lia! Calm down, just sit down and let's talk." Uncle Nick said.

"How can I calm down?! Our family was kidnapped with no evidence as where they are, they were and are still most likely being completely and brutally tortured, both Vespine and Virago are in the ICU, I was given the task to lead a whole mafia without any knowledge on how to, and to top it all off I just found out that I was a hired killer/assassin that killed hundreds of people in my past that I just recently remember a few minutes ago!" I burst out still walking back and forth, stress visible in my voice. The people there were shocked at what they heard, especially the last one.

I sighed and sat down on the bench looking down ashamed. "I'm sorry, it's all just too much and I needed to let it all out. I knew I was going to burst anytime soon, I've been holding it back too long that I couldn't help but burst it out!" I ranted still looking down afraid that they will get angry with my out burst.