Chapter 8- Contract

The Next Day (Monday)

Devante's POV

"So what do you think?" I asked Andre who's facial expression hadn't changed since I started playing the demo tape.

I kept my promise to Bri and waited until she left New York before playing her demo for Andre. I didn't tell him that it was her singing though. I didn't want that to influence his decision given the fact that he already knew her and all. I wanted Bri to earn this fair and square.

He was making me nervous by the way he was just sitting there staring into space. The demo had just ended. I know that if he rejected Bri that he was full of it. She had pure talent. Her voice even had a little country, gospel twang to it which made her sound unique.

"I love it," He finally said causing me to let out a breath that I didn't realize I had been holding in. I couldn't help the smile that broke across my face. "Who is she? We need to get her in here ASAP!"

"It's Brielle Woods," I replied confidently.

I smirked as I watched Andre's eyes widen in surprise.

"The young lady I brought in to help with the Forever My Lady video? The dancer?"

"The one and only." "Who else?" I asked rhetorically.

"Damnnn..." Andre said laughing loudly. "I knew she was talented, but I had no idea she had that kind of voice on her. Do you know how much money she'll bring in? She already has a fan base and is known, so it shouldn't be a problem getting her out there and getting records sold. This shit is crazy."

I could practically see the knobs turning in Andre's head as he thought about how much success Bri could bring to the record label along with the many talented people who were already signed.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Call her up," Andre said impatiently.

"She actually just made it back to Texas this evening. So you might have to wait until tomorrow or something for her to meet up with you." I said grabbing the demo tape and putting it back into my pants pocket.

He rolled his eyes.

Impatient fucker.

"Tell her to be back here by 5:00 tomorrow. We have business to discuss."

"Sure thing," I said.

After shaking hands with Andre I quickly exited his office.

I was so happy for Bri. I had no doubt she was finna be the next big thing in the industry. She could dance her ass off and sing. She also played an instrument. She was a triple threat. Not to mention she was beautiful with an even more beautiful personality. She was definitely the full package.

As I walked outside, the cold air hit me like a wrecking ball. I really hated this time of year out here in New York. I swear it wasn't a day that went by that I didn't almost bust my ass trying to walk across the street.

Getting into my car, I sped all the way back to my house. I couldn't wait to share the good news.

Parking inside my two car garage, I unlocked the door and rushed in walking past Dalvin who was sitting on the couch eating some popcorn.

I smacked my teeth at his ass.

I swear I shouldn't have given this nigga a key to my house.

"Well hello to you too, my nigga."

I ignored him and went straight over to the phone and punched in the number that I had memorized now.

She answered on the 3rd ring.