ב

╰┈➤ running

☆ The action or movement of a runner

☆☆ the act of a person, animal, or thing that runs

☆☆☆☆

𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁𝚈𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝚁𝙴𝚂𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙳 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝙷𝙰𝚅𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚃𝙾 𝚁𝚄𝙽. Someone ordering you to run made your stomach twist in disgust and anxiety, until they started jogging and the adrenaline began to flow through their body.

Children were the only ones who did not fear the concept of running. They were enthralled by the possibility of racing their friends, fleeing after striking their siblings, or playing at the park. Oh, how easy life was when we were kids.

Hoshi loves to run. Until he departed for college, his brother would always jog or run with him in the morning. It's how he got into running. He despised the idea of having to run large distances, but once he started, he couldn't stop. The sensation of wind on his face helped him relax as he continued to race.

Running was unpleasant, but the rush of adrenaline made everything better.

☆☆☆☆

"Damn it!" Hoshi groaned as he dashed along the corridor. He should've gotten up sooner, he was exhausted after jogging late the night before.

"I'm never going to stay up late again!"

He knew it was a lie. He keeps promising to stop his bad behaviors, but he never does. It doesn't really matter; what's the problem if he's healthy enough to play?

"I'll make sure to be early next time!" he said as he stepped into class 4 sweating and looking on the paper for his seat. He murmured, smiling, as he walked to his seat.

There's no way in hell that's true. Hoshi was always late for everything. I mean everything when I say everything. He was a day late for his own birthday. How do you miss your own birthday?

As he headed to his seat by the window, Hoshi thought to himself, 'this is like a cliché anime or something.' "Hello!" he said, a small smile on his face.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yuuki Tetsuya," the man replied with a modest bow as he gazed up at Hoshi who sat next to him.

"My name is Hoshi Sano, and it's a pleasure to meet you," he said, bowing. "Do you play shogi?" Yuki said, nodding. Hoshi gave a nod.

"Let's play together during lunch break," Yuki said, his voice sounding more like a demand than an inquiry, but Hoshiko agreed nevertheless.

☆☆☆☆

"Don't forget to finish your homework!" the teacher said as students rushed out of class, eager for lunch.

Hoshi groaned as he stared out the window; he had never understood teachers who assigned homework on the first day of school.

"Are you okay, Sano-san?" Yuki inquired.

"Sorry I zoned out there a little," Hoshi blinked, flashing an apogetic smile. Yuki responded with a hum, "Shogi?" Hoshi relaxed somewhat with a smile.

Yuki was a guy with few words, but when it came to shoji, he would ask anybody. Hoshi watched as Yuki proceeded to assemble the game, placing each piece in its proper place.

"Don't you think you played enough Shogi yesterday, Yuki?" Chris spoke aloud as he approached their desk.

"No"

"Do you guys know each other?" Hoshiko moved forward. "Yuki and I share a dorm room. We are members of Seidou's baseball squad. We're attempting to join Seidou's baseball squad "Chris elaborated.

"Do you play baseball, Sano?" Yuki said, looking up from his game. Hoshi replied with a head shake, continuing to watch the game for his next move, "My elder brother plays... I run track," he explained as he moved a piece on the game board.

"Oh! There's also food!" Chris took a seat in front of the pair's desk. He raised an eyebrow and looked at Him.

"If eating is considered a sport, I'll be the first to sign up! Food is the most important thing to me! " Hoshi exclaimed waiting for Yuki to make a move.

"All I need is someone to give me a vanilla milkshake and I'll marry them!" he sang, a large smile on his lips.

"Doesn't that go too far?" Chris remarked, waving his hand to point Yuki in the correct direction. With a shake of his head, Hoshi moved Chris's hand away.

"I don't think so," Yuki eventually said, following Chris's advice. "Why?" Chris groaned unsure if he wanted to know the answer.

Yuki paused for a moment before continuing his motions, saying, "I'll marry someone who appreciates baseball as much as I do and wants me to play shogi with them."

Chris palmed his face, unable to believe these two were his friends, "That's not how-" Hoshiko cut off the catcher, "Yuki, I agree with you! You should marry a person that enjoys baseball and Shogi as much as you do! Don't give up until you've found them !" Hoshi stood up, resolute, with a bright smile on his face.

Yuki nods his head as flames formed around him, and a surge of encouragement and joy filled him.

"No..." Chris's remark was ignored as Hoshi continued to cheer for Yuki while playing shogi.

'This will be a long three years.' Chris moaned silently as he watched the two continue to play shogi.

☆☆☆☆