Mission Kindapossible

Me: I need to re-write so many scenes in this book

Also me, holding a gun to my head: Finish the fucking book first

She stopped drinking her boba, very abruptly. Completely frozen in place as I sat in front of her. I'm saying she stopped drinking her boba which never happens, her cheeks puffed up as she stared at me with wide, disbelieving eyes. Stopping all of her movements as though she was waiting for me to elaborate on my words. Then she swallowed and continued drinking the boba a little faster. I bit back a laugh at her reaction and reached out for the bag once more to take out a tub of ice cream and two spoons.

"I figured it would be easier to go on a sneaking mission if there were less of us."
I shrugged, peeling the lid of the ice cream before grabbing one of the spoons.
"So, why not the two of us?"

Y/n narrowed her eyes at me, unsurprisingly, and looked at me very suspiciously. Also unsurprising considering none of us have reached out to her since she made her own way off the island where Lothian prison was.
"Why would you ask me to go with you? Gogo or Honey Lemon would be better."
She muttered and lifted her legs so she was completely sat on the chair.
"I'm not part of the team if they can't trust me and respect my secrets."

"You're not working with the team though."
I pointed out, promptly putting a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. Then I pointed the spoon at her.
"I want you to work with me."
She still gave me that same old skeptical look of hers, as expected. I had a good plan though! And an even better reason why I thought that taking her on a secret mission would be better than just talking to her. Taking a deep breath, I put the ice cream down, looking at her with my own serious expression so she knew that I wasn't joking. Because I did want just the both of us to go, and no not just because I think she's great and I'm head over fucking heels for her.

You are though
Shut up Hiro

"I've known the others for years."
I explained slowly, trying not to wince as I watched her turn away from me.
"Now hear me out. I've learned how we all work as a team the best. So as the leader, I need to be the first to learn how you work on the field."
I took another breath, seeing how she has still turned away from me, gently stroking her finger against Rem who was asleep in his charging port on the desk.

"I need your skill Y/n, but you also need my support."

Y/n was more clued up about missions than the rest of us, but we had a more physical experience whilst she stayed inside the confines of buildings. She was behind computers and watching missions go well. Being informed of the ins and outs of operations. She was central intelligence, but we, Big Hero...Seven I guess, we were out in battle constantly. We've fought villains on the front lines and know for a fact that a single person can't take them down.
"You can't work alone forever Y/n. Not like this."
I murmured when she stayed quiet.
"Learn to work with me first at least."
I glanced at her desk where a pen lay open on top of a book. Quickly, I realized that it was the journal that Min-Jae had given her for Christmas, and by the looks of it she was already halfway through it. How many pages are even in that thing?
"You've been writing in the journal?"