Ah...Siblings

"I'm going to take that robot apart piece by piece when I find him!"

I seethed, my mind going everywhere as I held a baby seat in my arms, running around the labs to try and get to the exit of the building. It was almost three, and I had got so caught up in my work that I almost forgot I had to collect Sorei and Isla until I had looked at the time on my screen, noticing I only had ten minutes to get there before I was late. For some reason, Rem never returned to remind me of where I needed to be on time, which was unusual coming from him.

My heart raced as I narrowly avoided the small obstacles in my path, the other students were probably staring at me like I was a lunatic, but that was the least of my concerns as I weaved between them.

"Woah there you could fall!"
I stopped in my tracks as Wasabi opened the door to the Nerd Lab and stepped into the hallway I was running down. Somehow I managed to avoid running straight into the door, and I quickly blurted out an apology as I walked around him. However he didn't seem to be letting me off the hook so easily as he grabbed the back of my blazer to prevent me from running off again, much to my distaste.
"And what's with the baby seat?"

"My apologies, I'm getting late to collect my siblings and I need to get there as soon as possible."
I looked up to him as I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, anxiety eating away at me and forcing me to keep my body moving until I reached my siblings.

"How about I take you? There's no point of a baby seat if you don't have a car."

My expression curled for a couple of moments, and I looked to the left before looking back at him.
"No thank you, I can carry-"

"I don't think walking will get you there on time, and I'm pretty sure the car seat is for cars, not carrying."
He pointed to the car seat I held, before folding his arms and giving me a look.
I scoffed, trying to get past him, but was unsuccessful once more as he blocked my path and took the car seat from me.

"Just because you don't consider me a friend, doesn't mean I still can't help you"

Then without another word he walked off, leaving me to walk after him.
Reluctantly, I followed him down the hallways and out the school to where his car was parked. He helped fasten the seat in before hopping into the car and driving off, taking a shortcut he knew in order to reach the preschool, and the elementary school Isla was in.

All around it took roughly fifteen minutes for Wasabi to help me collect Sorei and Isla, then another fifteen to get back to SFIT, where I carried Sorei in my arms whilst Isla walked alongside me as we made our way to my lab. I mindlessly thanked Wasabi time after time with almost every step I took as we went down the hallway. It was the least I could do, especially since I was bitchy a couple of hours before.