Chapter 13

Tuesday 37 days to go before the Full Moon Festival

They worked until eight in the morning and just as Wei Ying called for a time-out, his pager went off.

"I have to get A-Yuan ready for A-Ning. We should take a break." He switched off the radio and they went downstairs.

Lan Zhan was trying to get up the courage to tell Wei Ying that he had made breakfast, but there wasn't a gap in the conversation because Wei Ying had ideas.

Those ideas had to come out from him now and now, so he chattered until they got to Wei Ying's caravan and he disappeared inside.

Lan Zhan opened the boot of his car and pulled out the packed food.

Now what?

Should he knock on the door? Or should he wait?

The door of the caravan opened and Wei Ying popped his head out of the gap.

"Why don't you join us? And bring JingYi. There's plenty to go round." He said brightly, smiling invitingly.

Lan Zhan grudgingly called his driver who found it funny that he obviously didn't want to.

Wei Ying had a little table which they squeezed around and then Lan Zhan shoved the boxes into Wei Ying's hands, who looked at them blankly. But when he opened them and saw the beautifully laid out snacks and little bite size pieces, he was overjoyed.

"Lan Zhan! Did you make this just for us? That's so sweet of you! Look A-Yuan! Pwetty Gege made us breakfast!" Wei Ying gushed about the bento boxes while Lan Zhan was sure he was going to combust from pleasure.

And then Wei Ying brought out a tray of muffins and plates and breakfast suddenly turned into a party.

The muffins were special because when Lan Zhan bit into a chocolate one, white gooey chocolate was inside and some dribbled onto his chin. Luckily Wei Ying was there with a napkin to save the day. At five minutes to nine, there was a knock on the door and A-Ning entered, smiling.

Lan Zhan watched as Wei Ying went to hug him, and then forced a muffin into his mouth.

All of it.

It would have been funny but Lan Zhan wasn't sure how he felt about Wen Ning yet. He seemed to be too tall, too strong and too good-looking for Lan Zhan's good wishes and all of the thinking was putting him on edge.

"Time for Daycare, my lovely little Radish!" Wei Ying picked up the little boy and kissed his cheeks and then his forehead.

A-Yuan kissed his cheek happily and then demanded he be allowed to kiss Pwetty Gege's cheek too and Dwiver JingYi.

Then only did he greet A-Ning and kiss his cheeks before leaving with a wave. JingYi made some excuses and left, so now it was just the two of them.

Before they had A-Yuan sitting between them, but right now as Wei Ying finished his muffin, he was pressed up close to Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan could feel the heat of his bare skin on the thin sweatpants and he was already feeling too hot.

Wei Ying fished out his tablet and began showing Lan Zhan his ideas on what he thought Lan Zhan wanted in the house.

"I've just got a couple of questions for you regarding the bathroom." Wei Ying said, excitedly. "What do you have in mind? There's a walk in shower right now but-"

"I want a tub. A big one." Lan Zhan interrupted.

This he knew without a doubt.

"A bathtub? Like an ordinary one, or would you like all the works? You can get ones with a jacuzzi, power jets, everything." Wei Ying turned from the tablet to find Lan Zhan looking straight into his eyes.