Chapter Eleven: The Grandest Grand Entrance

A/N: so i promised an updating spree so here is the first part of the day!! wishing you lots of love and good reading

 - CC =^-^=                           

     (this takes place after the Kira case has been solve. So yeah Katlyne has been gone for a while)

                                         ~*~Near's pov~*~

I was putting together a puzzle when Halle rushed into the room I was in. "Near, all the security cameras have just mysteriously shut off and are not coming back on." She says worriedly. I follow her to the control room to see that all of the cameras were on no signal. "What is going on?" Matsuda asked. He joined us after the Kira case along with Aizawa and Mogi. "We don't know that's the problem." Says Rester getting worked up trying to get the video feed up. While he is working on that, we get a message that says PA system override. Just then, all the speakers all throughout the building start playing the all too familiar sound of Diary of Jane. I smirk as I have figured out what was going on. I decide to let the rest of everyone figure it out for themselves. Everyone is frantically trying to regain control of our systems. After Diary of Jane was done playing, a different song came on playing the words "guess who's back? Back again?" then everything shuts off. The lights, the music everything. Then we hear footsteps obviously made by someone wearing boots. The person began to laugh but no one could see them. They then said "Well that was hilarious." And the lights and video feed are back. "I did make a promise, did I not?" they ask smirking. I stand up and say "It's good to see you again, Katlyne." While everyone sits there with their mouths open. We remain silent for all of 2 minutes then Matsuda breaks the silence "So you guys know this psycho?" he asks. Rester stands up and says "Task Force, this is Katlyne Hall, the person who led us in the right direction to catching Kira." Katlyne then curtseys and I roll my eyes at her. "So you're THE Katlyne?" Matsuda says. "I don't know of any others. Do you PowderPuff?" she asks bringing back the dreaded nickname. "It's been a while Katlyne." I say.

                                     Katlyne's pov

I smirk at what Near said. "It sure has puffball." I say. "Was all of this necessary?" He asked. "Well I did make a promise, did I not?" I say sitting down. "Yes. You did." He says. "And what was this promise you all are talking about?" one of the task force guys asks. This one I remember to be Aizawa from when I had hacked them. "Well mister Aizawa I promised that when I return, my entrance will be grand and loud. And Ta-da! It obviously was. Wasn't it PowderPuff?" I ask while moving over next to him and playing with a bit of his hair. Then I hear someone whisper to Rester "Is there something going on between those two?" then Rester replies with "Honestly I don't know anymore." And that causes me to chuckle. "What is so funny Katlyne?" Near asks. "well did you not hear Matsuda whisper to Rester? I found what they said to be absolutely hilarious." I say. "Well what did they say?" Puff asks me. "Matsuda asked Rester if there was anything going on between us and that's funny to me." I say calmly. I just realized how I said that and then continue to say "Aw look, Puff, I'm turning into you. Mister I-Have-No-Emotions." He rolls his eyes. "Didn't we go over this last time you were here?" He says which causes me to laugh. I then put my arms around him saying "I missed you Puff." He hesitated for a moment then hugged me back saying "I missed you too, Katlyne."  I pulled away from the hug and said "Just call me Kat. It would be a bit easier to say." (*and easier for the writer seeing as the stupid computer is always saying that Katlyne isn't a word). "Okay Kat." He says. I smile and say "We need to do something today." He sighs and says "Okay like what?" "I have absolutely no idea. I was hoping you did. Being a super genius and all." I say. I turn away to see everyone in the room looking at me like I have three heads. "You guys are my new OTP" says Matsuda. "Matsuda, shut up!" Gevanni says. "We'll just leave you to discuss you plans for today." Halle says as she directs everyone away.

         "So what do you want to do today?" I ask again. "I have no idea." PowderPuff responds. "Well you should." I say and he sighs again. "Why do you seem so sad?" I ask him. "I'm not sad, Kat. Just tired." He says. I know he's lying to me. "Mmm-hmmmm. You know you could tell me anything right? I know that you're upset about something. So start talking" I say. "okay well I was just thinking of how many people from Wammy's  we lost during the Kira case. I know that none of them actually liked me, but I grew up around them, you know." He explains. "Well, I don't know firsthand because no one there ever spoke to me but I do get why you're sad. And I don't want to see anyone sad really so, who were these frenemies that died?" I ask. I never actually wanted to do this but I can't stand to see anyone sad so I'll do this just once. For him. "It was well L of course but you already knew that, Mello, Matt and I think that's it. But why?" he asks. Oops I should have knew that he was going to say that. "Well, everyone needs a remembrance service." I lie. After this service and when he goes back to work I'll have to do it then.