Chapter Seventeen: Hello old friend

2 weeks later Near's pov

"so you have made up the suspect list?" I ask Gevanni. "Yes sir. Here it is." He says it to me. I look at all four files there are and one almost makes me have heart attack. I excuse myself and walk to my room to read the file. I start to read out loud. "'Katlyne Adeline Hall. Date of birth March 16th  (*you can figure out the year), child at wammy's house, thought to be the only female even considered to be L's successor. Few crimes recorded mostly disturbance of the peace, and a few public fights on peaceful roads. Shown here in shots on her permanent record, bruises cover Hall's face and a busted lip' well thank you Gevanni for rewriting this report and getting rid of the useless information. Still I can't believe that Kat is a suspect in this. But we cant ignore the fact that she did ask for the names of the dead from Wammy's house and only a little while later was Mello back." "Near, I think you need to see this." Halle says as she breaks my train of thought. I go to the HQ where Gevanni, Rester, Matsuda, Aizawa, Mogi, and Kat all congregated around the security cameras. We can clearly see a red head walking up to the door and picking a loc. He gains access to the building. "quick to the main entrance!" Mogi screams and everyone runs to greet this intruder. Including Mello. I have no idea why he was so excited. When we near the door where he was just stood there Mello screams. "Matt?" he says. "Mello." He says running towards him. I remember him. He went to Wammy's. he died a while back it's the same person who brought Mello back no doubts and hopefully this time he left some clues.

                                             ~*~Flashback Kat's POV~*~

"Matt! Wake up! It shouldn't take this long." I say to his corpse which was just now starting to get life back into it. Suddenly he shoots up and says "What the Hell?" I giggle and say "Hey Matt." He looks at me like im crazy and says "Katlyne? How am I alive?" "Well that is easy. I brought you back. But sadly you wont be remembering that in 48 hours. That is just the way things have to be." I say. "Why is it so dark out?" he asks. "That is because it's midnight. I have to sneak out here or people will start to suspect me." I explain. "Okay." He says. "I want you to find me in 3 days. I have someone that you will want to see." I tell him. "If o wont remember you how am I supposed to find you?" he asks. "You just will. You will have an instinct. And don't ask me to explain because I have no idea how." I say. "See you in three days." I say and walk off.

                         ~*~End of flashback(back to Near's POV)

"How are you back here?" I ask. "I have no idea." He looks over at Kat and says "Katlyne? I haven't seen you in years!" well he's excited to see her. But why? "Hey Matt. I'm pretty sure you died. How the hell is this possible?" Kat asks. "I have no idea. I just woke up one day. This is so confusing." He says. Mello pulls up a chair for him and he sits down and we start asking questions.

                                  An hour later Kat's POV

These stupid questions are a waste of time. They aren't going to find anything. "Okay this has been going on for an hour now. He obviously doesn't know anything." I say before pulling a pixie stick out of a nearby drawer. I pretty much keep these everywhere. I have a slight addiction to them. I tear the paper and pour the sugar in my mouth. "Do you want some too PowderPuff?" I ask. Going over to him. "No. not now." He says. I then pull a strawberry banana lollypop out of my shirt. Hey, I have to keep them somewhere. I take off the wrapping and lick it. "Mmm nom nom! Here try it!" I say to Near and shove it in his mouth. "Are you trying to kill me?" he asks choking on it. "No never. You're too adorable to die." I say. Matt is looking over at us with a weird face. "What is going on?" I hear him whisper to Mello. "I guess that it is some weird dating ritual." Mello explains. "They are dating?" Matt asks sounding surprised."Yeah. they are. You will get used to it." Mello says which causes me to laugh."do you guys want to do something?" I ask them. "Uh like what?" Matt asks. "We could throw a party. Near is hilarious when drunk." I say. "did I miss something? Near drunk? That isn't natural." Matt says. "I need to see this. Yes, we should have a party." Mello says. "Cool. I'll set up. And I'll invite random strangers!" I say. "Hasn't anyone ever warned you about stranger danger?" Near asks. "Only Roger, but did anyone really listen to him anyway? I know I never did." I say. 

A/N: Another short chapter. Sorry if it is terrible. i was listening to my theme song. Good song. Even better distraction. anyway here it is. oh and if you haven't listened to my theme song at all its Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me by Tata Young. Also, i think Kat's theme song is Evil Angel by Breaking Benjamin. Anyone agree? I thought I'd bring that up while on the topic of theme songs. anyhooooooo until next time, *meow*