Chapter Eight: Back From the Dead

Two months passed and I was let go from the hospital. I went back to the castle. I opened the door. "Queen Pallesea, get back!!" Dorieos said, pushing me back. "Dorieos? What's going on?" I said. "The castle is full of traps. She set up traps in the castle, waiting for you to come back," Dorieos said. "Who?" I said. "The mermaid that attacked you," Dorieos said. "Do we know who it was?" I said. Dorieos looked at me then looked around. "Yes, follow me. She might be watching us and I don't want her to hear," Dorieos whispered. "Wait, what about my siblings?" I asked. "Don't worry. They were all at school while she was setting up the traps. They are in hiding right now," Dorieos said. He started swimming toward the seaweed forest and I followed him. "Dorieos? What's going on? Who's watching us? Who's my attacker?" I said. Dorieos looked at me. "Guineviane," He said. I gasped. "What? No. That can't be. Guineviane is not a mermaid. She's a siren," I said. "No. She has been faking being a siren. She has been working with your father, planning on killing you and your whole family. She was actually the one who killed your mother, not Evilato," Dorieos said. "What? But, Guineviane's fin is red. I would understand that we made a mistake and she was actually the one who killed my mother. But, the person who tried to kill me. Their fin is pink," I said. "Guineviane can change her fin colour," Dorieos said. I was in shock. "So, you're telling me I killed my sister for nothing?" I said. "Unfortunately, yes," Dorieos said. I sighed. "F*cking dammit," I said, under my breath. Dorieos gasped. "Queen Pallesea, look out!!" He said. I turned around and a familiar siren came rushing at me with a knife. I ducked. "Evilato?" I said. I looked and there, stood Evilato, with a bandage over her eye and burn marks all over her body and ripped clothes. "I wasn't the one who killed mum. But, I will be the one who kills you," She said. "Evilato, wait!! I know I was wrong for thinking you killed mum. All the evidence said you did it and I didn't think the evidence could be wrong. But it turns out Guineviane framed you. I'm so sorry," I said. "I fecken knew it. I knew she was a mermaid in disguise," Evilato said. "Listen, Evilato. We don't have much time. It seems like you want to get revenge. Would you like to help us stop Guineviane from killing Pallesea and the rest of your family?" Dorieos said. Evilato smirked. "I would love to," She said.