Chapter Nine: Revenge

We swam back to the castle. "So, she tripped the whole castle with traps?" Evilato said. "Correct," Dorieos said. "Hm. What kind of traps?" Evilato said. I don't know exactly. All I know is that they are tripped by motion," Dorieos said. Evilato scoffed. "Motion-activated? That Guineviane is so stupid," She said. "Do you know how to deactivate the traps?" I asked. "Yes. It's easy. Just leave it to me. You two go hide somewhere," Evilato said. Dorieos grabbed my arm and we swam back into hiding in the seaweed forest. I took a deep breath. I tried to stay calm but I started crying uncontrollably. Dorieos pulled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry you have to go through this Pallesea. It must be stressful going through this as the queen," He said. "Why is this happening to me? I didn't do anything wrong. My mum didn't do anything wrong. Why were we suddenly put into this living hell? Why?" I said, sobbing. "It's your father. He's evil. He claims to be a mermaid. But he's eviler than a siren. He is just as, if not, more evil than sharks. This isn't your fault," Dorieos said. "What are we going to do? We can execute Guineviane. But my dad will probably just send someone else until every Arime in the Siren Kingdom is dead," I said. "Well, there is only one thing we can do. Kill your father," Dorieos said. "But how? My dad is constantly surrounded by guards. There is no way we'll be able to kill him," I said. "I can talk to the military. Maybe, with Evilato's help, we can come up with a plan and actually kill your father and stop all this madness," Dorieos said. "Maybe," I said. We heard a ton of shots go off. "Evilato?" I said. "Keep quiet Queen Pallesea. Evilato was just tripping the traps. She knows what she's doing," Dorieos said. "How did she become so...tough?" I said. "Well, she was gone for almost two years. She wanted to get revenge and kill you. Maybe she was training for that time. Training with tougher people or something," Dorieos said. "How is she even alive? That poison acid normally never fails," I said. "I have no idea," Dorieos said. We heard Evilato scream. I quickly swam out from the seaweed forest. "Queen Pallesea, wait!" I heard Dorieos call after me. I quickly swam back to the castle. "Evilato? Are you ok? Why did you scream?" I said. "What the hell are you doing here? I told you to be in hiding. I was only screaming to make Guineviane think that you tripped the traps. Now go back into hiding," Evilato said. I turned around and bumped into someone. I looked and saw Guineviane standing there. She looked angry. "How is Evilato here? You were supposed to have killed her. Need I remind you, Queen Pallesea, that she killed your mother?" Guineviane said. "Oh please. Like I would kill my own mother," Evilato said. "Yeah. And besides. We know you were the one who killed her, Guineviane. And that you've been working with my father to kill every Arime in the Siren Kingdom," I said. Guineviane looked at the ground and smirked. "Took you long enough," She said. She suddenly rushed forward and attempted to stab me with her trident but I was able to duck before she could. "Pallesea. Go back into hiding. NOW!!" Evilato said. She raised her hands and the sand around her began to rise and turn into a trident. "Woah. Since when could you turn sand into things?" I said. Evilato didn't answer. She just stared at Guineviane. "I'm not going to fight a child," Guineviane said. "Well, this should be easy, then," Evilato said. She rushed toward Guineviane and slashed her stomach with her trident. "AH!! SHIT!!" Guineviane said flying backwards. She fell to the ground and held her stomach. "Ok, you know what? Never mind. I'm going to fight a child," Guineviane said, standing up and picking up her trident. Dorieos swam next to me. "Queen Pallesea, what are you doing? We're supposed to be in hiding," He said. Guineviane rushed forward and slashed Evilato's arm. "She's not going to be able to fight Guineviane on her own. She's only twelve. She's going to get killed fighting Guineviane on her own. We have to help her," I said. "No. We can't. Evilato knows what she is doing. Let's get back into hiding so you don't get hurt," Dorieos said. "Please Dorieos. I've lost my sister once before. I don't want to lose her again," I said. Dorieos sighed. "Alright. I'll go get some weapons to use," Dorieos said. "What? No!! Get back into hiding," Evilato said. Dorieos swam away toward the military base. "Evilato. Let us help you. Guineviane is way too powerful. You won't be able to fight her on your own," I said. "Oh? Am I not powerful? Did I train with the sharks for two years for nothing? Should I of just remained dead instead of letting the sharks revive me? Is that really what you're saying?" Evilato said. "YOU TRAINED WITH THE SHARKS!?!" I said. Guineviane rushed toward Evilato but Evilato swung her trident and hit Guineviane in the face and she went flying backwards. "Is that not powerful enough for you?" Evilato said. "Evilato. Calm down. There's no need to get angry. I was just saying. Guineviane is much older and had much more training than you do. I just...I just want you to be careful," I said. Guineviane stood up and quickly slashed Evilato's back and Evilato fell to the ground. "You see what you have done? If I wasn't distracted by you, this wouldn't have happened," Evilato said. "I'm sorry Evilato. I'm so sorry," I said. "Any last words, Evilato?" Guineviane said. Evilato grabbed her trident and tried to hit Guineviane with it but missed. "Shit. It's no use. I'm too weak. I'm losing too much blood," She said. Guineviane raised her trident to stab Evilato when she was suddenly hit with a harpoon and went flying backwards. "Stay the f*ck away from her," I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around. "Mum?" I said, in shock. "What the f*ck?" Evilato said. "Neania? How are you alive? I killed you years ago," Guineviane said. Mum didn't answer. She raised her arm and made a harpoon. "I'm going to make sure you get exactly what you deserve for killing me and for trying to kill my daughters," She said. She looked at me. "Pallesea. Take your sister to the hospital. Make sure they bandage up her wounds," She said. "Yes mum," I said. I picked up Evilato and rushed toward the hospital. I turned around and saw mum pick up Evilato's trident and pin Guineviane to the ground with it. I turned back around and continued toward the hospital.