Chapter Four: Back Home

Days passed and we got back to the siren kingdom. I quickly swam toward the castle. "Princess Pallesea, get back!" Dorieos said, grabbing my arm. We hid behind one of the houses. "What? What's going on?" I said. "Shush. Look. It's King Kailani," Dorieos said. "What? What the hell is he doing here?" Starfire whispered. "He's probably talking to my mum, trying to tell her that I am being held prisoner and the only way he'll let me go and not kill me is if she steps down as queen and lets him be king," I whispered. "He hasn't realized that you escaped?" Starfire said. "No. He left as soon as the war was put on time out," Dorieos said. We watched as my mum and dad talked. We saw my dad swim away back in the direction of the mermaid kingdom and the battlefield. My mum swam out of the castle in tears. "Children!! Gather at the castle at once!! Arime family emergency!!" Mum said. I saw all my siblings swim into the castle one by one. "What are we waiting for? Let's go," Starfire said. "No, wait! I want to see how my siblings react when they find out my life is on the line. I want to see if they actually care about me," I said. We quietly watched. Ten minutes passed and all of my siblings came out of the castle in tears. I waited for all my siblings to be out of sight. "Alright. I'm satisfied. Let's go," I said. Starfire, Dorieos and I swam out from behind the house and into the castle. My mum was sobbing. I slowly swam up behind her. "Surprise. Hi mum," I said. Mum turned around and her eyes widened. "Pallesea!?!" She said. She swam up to me and pulled me into a big hug. "How did you escape?" She asked. "It was rather easy really," I said. Mum looked confused. "It was all Starfire's doing anyway. All I did was follow her and Dorieos," I said. "Starfire? Who's Starfire?" Mum said. "That would be me, Queen Neania," Starfire said. "A mermaid helped you escape from your father?" Mum said. "Uh. Actually. I'm a siren. Not a mermaid," Starfire said. "I've never seen you before though," Mum said. Starfire and I looked at each other. Starfire explained how she is only part siren and how she would visit the siren kingdom every once in a while and that was how she met Dorieos. She had to lie about that last part. "Well thank you for saving my daughter, Starfire," Mum said. "Of course. I've heard stories about your ex-husband. I knew Princess Pallesea wasn't safe," Starfire said. Mum looked at Dorieos. "Dorieos. Tell whoever is in charge of the military currently to launch a surprise attack. That way the mermaid military will be too focused on not losing the war to pay attention to their leader. Then have four of the strongest sirens take the leader of the mermaids prisoner. Let's see how he likes it," She said. "Right away Queen Neania," Dorieos said. He swam away to send a message to the military. "You really are in love, aren't you?" Mum said. I blushed. "Maybe," I said. "Well, Dorieos is a good siren. I'm glad you fell in love with someone like him and not someone like your father," Mum said. I chuckled. Mum looked at Starfire. "How can I ever repay you for saving my daughter?" She said. "Oh, you don't have to repay me. My son was kidnapped a few days ago and his kidnapper was threatening on killing him. I know exactly what it's like to fear that your child is going to die. I'm just glad I was able to get there in time," Starfire said. "You have a son?" Mum asked. "Yes. Two kids actually. I have a son named Cole and a daughter named Alicia," Starfire said. "Well if you're ever visiting the Siren Kingdom again any time soon, I would love to meet them," Mum said. "I totally would bring them with me but unfortunately, they aren't part siren, they are only androids, like their father," Starfire said. "Oh. Why were you designed to have all these powers and be part siren anyway?" I asked. "I have no clue. I think Animatronik Incorporated wanted to see if they could make an android that had the powers I have and also be part siren," Starfire said. "Oh," I said.