Chapter 15- A Cake for You to Be Mine

The girl was sitting in her room, sketching a picture for her friend, and heard the doorbell ring. She went downstairs, opened the door, and saw him again.

"Toya-kun, are you alright?"

Toya entered her house with no response. He sat on her couch, staring at the floor. (Y/n) guessed the boy was hungry and him some toast and coffee.

"I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure?" (Y/n) held his chin.

She knew he was exhausted and gave him the drink.

"Drink it. It will make you feel better."

Toya hesitated but drank the coffee.

"I think I feel better, um-thanks."

"You're welcome, dear."

She got the cup and washed it.

"So, why am I here, (Y/n)?"

"There was something I needed to talk to you about."

(Y/n) left the kitchen and sat next to her friend.

"Are you alright?"

"I don't know..."

"Here's the thing, Toya..."

"What?"

"I...I've noticed you've been acting strangely for the past week; are you doing alright?"

"..."

Silence came into the room. Toya didn't speak up until he hastily grabbed her shoulders.

"(Y/n), I-I'm only acting like this for one reason."

"And what is it?"

"Do you like Tsukasa-senpai?"

"No, why are you asking me?"

"It's because of this."

He got this phone and showed her a picture.

"That's-"

She recognized the place the photo had taken place. The picture was Tsukasa and (Y/n) holding hands during the movie. There was only one person who could've taken the picture. Saki. The (h/c) girl wasn't mad at her; she didn't know Toya liked (Y/n), so it wasn't Saki's fault. Perhaps she thought the picture was cute and sent it to him.

"God, I feel bad for Saki; I wish she knew..."

"Do you not care about me?"

(Y/n) was stunned. Why was Toya acting so rude?

"Toya, you may not realize this, but if I didn't care about you, I wouldn't have come to your house to take care of you when you were sick. Does that mean you're not grateful?"

"No, it's just-"

Toya hugged her tightly.

"I need you to stay with me..."

He rubbed her back and nuzzled her neck.

"T-Toya! W-what are you-"

"Please, don't leave with him," he cried, "You're just going to make me alone again."

"Don't worry," (Y/n) softly said in his ear, "I won't leave you, no matter what."

The two hugged each other for a while until they wanted to see their faces again.

"Can we do something special here?"

"Like what?"

"Can we bake a cake together?"

"Hehe, sure!"

The two put on some aprons and began to gather the ingredients. (Y/n) mixed the dry ingredients, while Toya combined the dry ingredients.

"Say, what flavor do you want the cake to be?"

"Um... what about a (Favorite flavor) cake?"

"Good idea."

While waiting for the cake to bake, they played with each other's hair.

"Your hair is so soft..." Toya murmured while stroking her soft (h/c) hair.

"Toya-kun...I have a question."

"Hm?"

"Why do you want me to be yours?"

"Didn't I already answer that question?" Toya smiled, "I don't want to be left alone in the dust, that's all."

'There has to be a deeper meaning to that response,' (Y/n) thought, 'I-'

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Toya and (Y/n) got off their seats and checked the baked cake.

"Seems done."

The (h/c) girl grabbed some mittens from the drawer and attempted to take the cake out of the oven.

"Here, let me help you."

Toya stood behind her and wrapped his hands around her wrists. Together they pulled out the nicely baked cake. Luckily, the two made the frosting and had to wait for the cake to cool.

"Do you like toppings on your cake?" Toya stared at her.

"Depends; not a fan of the plastic ones."

"So you like ones that are edible."

"Yeah."

(Y/n) got the frosting and began to spread it onto the (favorite flavor) cake. She used the extra frosting on the top as a topping. Toya, while watching her, wrapped his arms around her waist, squeezing her tightly.

"H-hey! Why do you think-"

The boy placed a kiss on her cheek, making her face turn light pink.

"Sorry, I felt like I should do that."

(Y/n) continued to decorate the cake with Toya teasing her now and then.

"I think it's good and finished!"

She took her phone out and took a picture of the cake.

"So, do you want to start eating or..."

"I was planning to share this with the others because I don't think we'll be able to finish this by ourselves."

"That's a good idea. Should we bring it next practice?"

"Definitely."

"Alright, see you, (Y/n)," Toya waved with a smile.

"See you, Toya-kun!"

The boy left the house as soon as the door closed. He sighed and looked down at the pavement.

'Why is my heart pounding so rapidly?' he wondered, 'Maybe I should talk to Akito about this.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, I decided to make the announcement here; you must be wondering what it is. Well, starting tomorrow, August 10th, updates will be slowing down. I may be able to work on this in school, but it would be rare for me to post on weekdays. Expect new chapters on the weekends since I have more time.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and will try my best to finish this fanfic/book.

- 8/9/22