Cupcakes and Beer

Shai's pov:

I finished work a few hours ago. Now I am lonely on the couch watching tv. The doorknob jiggles and Theo walks in with a box of cupcakes and beer. "Hey! Thought we celebrate our few day roommate anniversary!" he exclaims and and locks our door behind him.

"Cupcakes..and uh..beer?" I ask.

"Why not?" He chuckles. He plops down beside me and opens the first beer and hands it to me.

"To us and our jobs!" Theo toasts and we cheer.

We set our drinks down and Theo opens the box of cupcakes from the coffee table.

I see a chocolate with white frosting and colorful sprinkles and another chocolate with strawberry frosting with white sprinkles.

"Pick," Theo tells me. I pick up to the one with strawberry frosting. He picks up the other and tosses the box to the side. I unwrap mine and take a big bite. I feel the frosting all around my mouth. Theo and I laugh.

I pick up a napkin and Theo stops me. "I got it," he says and takes the napkin from my hand. We sit in a bit of awkward silence as he cleans my face off. He stands up and throws the dirty napkin away and sits back down a bit closer to me. He picks his cupcake that he just put down. He turns to me and strokes my right cheek with his right hand. His face looks a bit nervous with a small smile. I smile back and he leans to kiss my cheek where most of the frosting was. We finish our cupcakes while we watch tv.

I can still feel his lips on my cheek. Wow.