tension

I wake with a smile on my face. I believe it is Saturday. Another day with Theo. I hope it won't be awkward, thinking back to last night. I jump out of bed and get ready for the morning.

When I finish I quietly step out my room and walk to the kitchen. Theo's room is right next to mine. I hope I didn't wake him up. I tip toe to the fridge and get out the coffee I made yesterday and warm it up. I forget that the microwave will beep and reach to open it early but it goes off. I worry and quickly open the door to the microwave. "OOPS," I whisper.

"Yeah OOPS," Theo says walking out of his room with no shirt on and sweatpants. I make googly eyes and watch his body flex with every move he makes.

"Looking at something you like Shai?" Theo asks pulling me out of my thoughts.

Yes. "No," I whisper and add milk to my coffee. I turn to put the milk back in the fridge but instead of grabbing the fridge handle, I grab Theo's side. I look into his eyes with worry and all he can do is smirk.

I turn red and reach for the door handle and put the milk back. I sit on the couch with my coffee, tucking my feet under me and turn on the tv. I catch up on some episodes. I feel Theo's stares and he walks into his room to, I assume, get ready.

What is happening? I ask myself.