Chapter 9- The Piggyback

Night had now fallen, the three teens and Erica were all walking around the house with their lanterns, searching for Vecna

Night had now fallen, the three teens and Erica were all walking around the house with their lanterns, searching for Vecna. They had also taken off their shoes so it would be more quiet, and opted to not talk, instead using note pads to converse with each other.

Casper was currently walking around a room just below the attic, where Max was. Lucas being on the bottom floor of the house with Erica.

The Wheeler boy was taking small breaths, keeping himself calm as he thought about every possible ending to this. He was scared. But, he wouldn't admit that to the other three. Although, he knew Max already knows how he was feeling. I mean, she could read him like a book.

A light tap on the boys shoulder made him jump, spinning around, instantly coming face to face with Lucas.

The Sinclair boy held up his note pad. 'We found him'

Casper nodded, the two heading down stairs, walking into the living room, Max and Erica already being there.

The Wheeler boy looked at the other three, slowly walking to the centre of the room, his lantern lighting up as he did so.

Erica then quickly wrote down on her note pad, showing it to Lucas. 'Phase one?'

The older sibling looked at Max for confirmation, the red-head only giving a firm nod. That was enough for Erica to quickly rush out of the room, and out the house towards the playground that was across the street.

When she climbed the rocket ship, she instantly sent the signal to the Upside Down crew, telling them to commence phase one.

~~~🌠🛹🧸🩸🌠~~~

Casper and Max were now sat by a window, waiting for Erica to give a signal. Lucas had opted to walk around some, to give the couple some privacy.

The brunette was staring off into space, getting lost in his thoughts, just listening to the music faintly being heard from his headphones that were around his neck, when a nudge against his leg caught his attention, the boy looking over to see Max staring at him.

The Mayfield girl frowned, showing the boy her note pad. 'You okay?'

Casper nodded, grabbing his note pad and quickly writing on it, turning it around to show the girl. 'Yeah. I'm glad you're here'

Max smiled slightly, writing down on her note pad. 'Me too!'

The two share a smile, just taking in each others company.

After a couple minutes, the red-head took a breath and wrote on her note pad, turning it to the boy. 'Movies Friday?'

The Wheeler boy pursed his lips, quickly writing down on his note pad, moving back slightly as Max tried to look over to see what he was writing, smiling to himself.

After a few more moments, he turned the note pad towards the girl, showing her a small drawing of two figures sat in, what the girl guessed was theatre seats, holding things in their hands, probably popcorn and a drink.