8. Id come for you

Kris

The next morning Billy had left to go back home. He needed to get back to his two jobs, your parent explained. By the end of the day you were moved from the ICU to a step down unit. The day after you were discharged. Your parents drove you straight to the airport. You were glad to be going home. 

When you finally arrived home Tina was waiting for you. Wrapping you in a gentle huge, like you would break if she squeezed to hard. Her and your mom helped you to your room.
"So your mom said billy drove down to see you." You nodded.
"Do you want to talk about it." You shook your head.
"Well if you want to I'm here."
"I'm tired." You say your voice still hoarse.
"Ok."
"I'll come by tomorrow." She says hugging you gently again.
"I'm so glad you are ok."

Ok. What does that even mean. Am I ok? Waking up surrounded by strangers. Them telling you, you almost died. That you were lucky not to have brain damage. That they had to drill two holes into your head. Seeing your parent pale, shaking, crying. Being told the guy who broke your heart dropped everything to drive to you when he thought you were dying. Unsure of how that made you feel other then Bringing back month of repressed memories and heartache. Your heart breaking all over again. Doesn't make me feel ok.

And The memories of the wreck slowly coming to the surface. The sounds, the smells. Making your stomach flip and your heart race every time you get in a car. I don't feel ok. I am terrified.

The next day by mid-morning making your ways down stairs took everything you had. Having to stop and rest on the bottom step, you hear your mom on the phone.

"She is refusing to eat." You hear her tell
Some one on the phone. Unable to hear the other side of the conversation, you only hear her relies.

"She might like that. I'm going to see if she wants to sit outside on the porch for a bit. Just come around back, when you get here."

"Ok. See you then." She jumped when she came around the corner finding you sitting on the bottom step.
"Oh darling are you ok?" You really wished people would stop asking you that.
"Want to come sit on the porch?"

Two hours later you hear a car door slam. Who ever was on the phone was here. You could hear keys jingling closer. Turning the corner a blonde guy with short hair and sun glasses, wearing tank top that says life guard, carrying a take out bag and a styrofoam cup. Your jaw dropped slightly when you realized it was Billy.

"Hey Kris." He says as he sits next to you. Not saying anything keeping your silence.
"It's alright if you still don't want to talk. About the accident. About us." Still you say nothing.

"But your mom says your not eating. She's been worried enough as it is. Don't make her worry about this." He says placing the take you bag on the table in front of you.

"Your favorite. Burger with cheese and bacon. Side of loaded fried. If you can't handle that." He places the cup down in front you.

"Double chocolate milk shake. Extra thick." You don't move a single muscle. He leans forward putting his arms in his knees.

"Come on Kris. Don't be a stubborn bitch."
He says opening the bag and pulling out the containers. Grabbing a fry and placing it in his mouth. Finally looking at him you say.

"You cut your hair."  His chewing slows and you watch his jaw work.

"Uh, yea. Ya I did. Gets in the way working on cars. And got to hot. Didn't like pulling it back."
A long stretch of silence passes. Reaching forward and grabbing the milk shake.