Prologue

"My time is almost up, Katherine. Take what was once mine. Keep them safe for me, please." My tears began coming down as I held my dying boss.
    "Don't cry, hija," He treated me like a daughter since my parents left me. His name was Jax.
    "I let you down. I'm sorry." He smiled. I maintained my hand on his bloody wound. He had a bullet in his stomach.
"Read the note on my desk. I love you, hija." His voice got weak with every word he spoke. His crystal blue eyes began to close. His heartbeat began to slow down until it completely stopped. He dropped dead in my arms. My heart sank.
There were bodies on the floor. They weren't dead, just knocked out. I felt a hand placed on my shoulder. I looked up to see my friend named Caleb. We all called him Charmer. Charmer is charming but deadly.
    "We gotta bounce, Red" I couldn't leave Jax's body there. We couldn't take it and bury it either. My tears fell faster with every thought that passed.
    "I'll take the body if it's what you want. We have to go." Charmer was always there for me. I appreciated it. I nodded and got up. He carried Jax on his shoulder. We then headed back home.

30 minutes later

"What will we do with the body, red?" said Hunter.  We all called him Hunter. We have earned nicknames that represent our ability. Hunter was our tech guy. We gave him the name because he can find anything we wanted to know, basically hunting down bad people.
"I don't know." I didn't know what to do or say to them. We stood around the body, laying down on a table. I then remembered he told me to read a note that was in his room.
I went to his room and stepped inside. On his desk were a pile of papers and a desk lamp. I then saw an envelope sitting on top of a box. I opened the envelope and began to read it out loud, even though I was the only listener.
"Dear Katherine, If your reading this, it means something went wrong. I'm not going to be there to mess with the person who deserves you. I'm not there to see you graduate and you become someone extraordinary. When you turn 18, I was planning to tell you the truth about who you and your parents were. I knew your dad and your mom. They didn't leave you because they didn't want you. They died saving your life." I felt my tears beginning coming down. It was my fault they're dead. I am the problem. I wanted to know more, so I continued reading.
"Knowing you, you're already blaming yourself. It's not your fault. Your parents want you to live your life. I should probably get to my next point. You're a Quadbrid, in other terms, werewolf, witch, gypsy healer, and a vampire. Your parents were the strongest power couple which made them deadly and a story that is probably in history textbooks for supernatural species." I let out a small laugh.
    "I won't be able to show you how to use your abilities. Your mom had a spellbook that should be in the box along with a bracelet. The bracelet will protect you from any dark magic. The gang is also a pack of werewolves. I need you to tell them, help them not get out of hand. If you wish to become a werewolf, let the werewolf take over. If you drink blood, the vampire side awakens. Being a gypsy healer is simple, you get the ability to heal werewolves in case they are hurt, no one can take care of them but you. I left you with a lot of responsibilities. I know you can handle them. Live your life to the fullest, Katherine. Also, bury my body in the cemetery. Just say the password, DC. They should handle it from there. I love you, all. Never forget that."
    DC stood for Death Crew. The name of our gang. Clever. I grabbed my stuff and took it to my room. I then went downstairs to tell them what to do with Jax's body.
    "You okay?" asked Charmer. I simply nodded.
    "Ace, Ryder, you're coming with me. Rocco pick up the body. We are heading to the cemetery. The rest of you get washed up. We will be right back."
They all left, but Charmer stayed back. He looked at me. I went up to him.
"Why am I not going?" asked Charmer.
"Because I don't need you to come."
"You better explain everything when you come back." I nodded and turned to leave. We got into Ryder's car. Ryder's real name was Ryan but, Ryder seemed fit for him. He loved cars and was good at race car driving. Rocco was the muscle. He was good at fighting, which is why he got the name, Rocco. Rocco meant to rest, something he didn't like doing. Ace was good with mind tricks.
We arrived at the cemetery. There is a cabin hidden in the trees, so I walked up to the door and knocked.
"What can I do for you?" asked the man. I wasn't expecting him to say that. I thought he was just going to ask for the password.
"I need to bury a body." the man smiled. After an awkward minute, the man began to laugh so hard.
"You came to the wrong place, little girl." I rolled my eyes. I hated when people called me, little girl. To be fair, I am 13, but I don't act young, not anymore. The man wanted to close the door in my face, but I stopped it by placing my foot in the way.
"I don't like repeating myself." I smiled and crossed my arms, waiting for his response. He took a deep breath and began touching his beard.
"What's your name, little girl." I rolled my eyes again. I didn't know if I should give him my name. I didn't know him. The man put on his glasses and looked through papers on his desk.
"Not telling you, I'm here burying Jax Foreman." The man stopped and looked at me. He replaced his tired and annoyed look with a shocked look.
"What's the password?" He looked at me. By looking at his face, I could read him, his thoughts. He thought I didn't know what I was saying.
"DC." I smiled, and he let out a deep breath. He began looking for a file. Once he found the file, he looked at me.
"He was a special young man. I can't believe he got involved in gangs. He practically dug himself a grave when he got involved." He began walking to a space in the cemetery to dig the body, 
I then coughed out, "Stereotype." The man turned around.
"What did you say, little girl?" I looked around to see where the little girl was. "I'm talking to you!"
"Oh well, I'm not a little girl. I said Stereotype because just because you hear the word gang, you automatically think of drug dealers, thieves, murders. Well, let me inform you, not everyone is the same. Tell me where to place the body. I can't stand your disgusting behavior." Rocco laid the body on the floor and walked away. Ryder and Ace followed.

Nobody talked on the way home. I went to my room, and someone knocked on my door. It was Charmer.
"What did you want to talk about?" I sat in my chair. I waited for him to respond, but it looked like he was still trying to gather his thoughts.
"Ace told me about your behavior. You're not okay. Talk to me," He sat on my bed and looked me right in my eyes.
"I'm fine." That's all I could manage out of me. He was like a brother to me, but I didn't want to tell him my problems.
"Yea, that's not convincing," how am I supposed to tell him he is a werewolf. I just don't know.
"You're going to have to wait." He looked upset and mad at my response.
"I can tell something is wrong and I want to know." I wasn't just going to tell him. I had to tell the whole gang which was worse. On the other hand, telling him would give me an idea.
"Um, Jax left me a letter. He told me that I'm a Quadbrid. Which is a werewolf, witch, gypsy healer, and vampire. He also said you and the gang are werewolves." When I say his eyes opened, I mean it. His eyes seemed like they popped out of his head, he couldn't believe it.
"How is that possible." He placed his hand on his forehead and began to think.
"I don't know. To phase into our werewolf shape, we need to let it take over. I have to tell everyone, but right now is not the time."
"So this is why you have been so temperamental today. I won't say anything, thank you for telling me. You should get rest." He kissed me on my forehead and left the room. He took it better than I expected. Telling him made me feel better. I hope it would be easier tomorrow when I tell them. 

The Next Day

    I called a meeting for I can talk to everyone. I felt my heart begging to speed up when I looked at all of them. I closed my eyes and let a deep out a deep breath.
"Yesterday we lost an important member, and before he died, he told me a few things. One of them was that I am a vampire, witch, gypsy healer, and werewolf." They all looked at me with a caring expression. I continued, "He also said you guys are a werewolf pack." They all began to talk at once. "Let me continue." They didn't listen, so I raised my voice. "QUIET!"
"It's a shocker, I know. How do you think I feel. You will not take advantage of your abilities. You will not harm people. You will not cause problems. Do you understand me?!"
"YES, MA'AM!" That was off my chest, and it felt better. "I got you all jobs as security guards. I have to see what will happen with Jax's business. The money will be for you to keep. Thank you for listening, and if you have questions, you know where to find me."
I headed back to my room and began looking at the paperwork that needed to get done. After a few minutes, I heard a knock on my door.
"Come in." It was Joker. He opened to door and walked towards me to kiss me on the forehead.
"Hey, Lil sis, How are you? With the wolf werewolf thing, I just wanted to make sure you were doing fine."
"I'm dealing. You know how Jax had the business and his money?" Joker nodded, and I continued, "Apparently, he put everything in my name, so if something were to happen to him, it would go to me."
"Wow, so you're now in charge of the business?"
"Well, not yet, I have to be at least 18. So, that's why Wildcat is going to be my chaperone for now."
"I'll leave you to it. You're making everyone proud, Hermana. You're young but already becoming a businesswoman." I smiled. He then walked out of my room.
I soon finished reading and signing the papers. I began writing in my journal. All my problems went onto that paper. I had to take over Jax's business, I had to take care of the gang, I had to keep attending school, and I have to make sure the gang doesn't go out of control with their abilities.

___________

Whoa 13 and already having her hands full . . . impressive.
Next chapter will be a time jump to when she turns 18 . . . maybe her eyes lay on a special someone soon . . .
Hope you guys enjoyed the little prologue to give background on our beloved Katherine. Make sure to vote please!