Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

I found it on top of a huge rock. A huge flat rock that was rather shiny and glowing. "It" was a book. THE book. It was called "THE SECRET TO LIFE". My first reaction was "Um... What? 'The Secret to Life'?! How much... Cheesier can a title get? Oh well... Might as well open it..."

So I did. When I opened it, the first thing I saw was "You have come across this book by no mistake. This is only given to those that have the magic."

No, wait, there must be some mistake! I don't have magic! Besides, it wasn't given to me! It was interesting, so I went on.

"Thee who reads this book will uncover the secrets to controlling and using your powers wisely. Keep the secret and use them responsibly."

Okay, this is really freaking me out now. I don't have powers, and I don't like the dark and scary tone if this. This is such an old book! How did it even get here?!

"If you let these informations out, you put the entire world of magic in danger. Having the mortals find out about the Edgers pits us all in dire trouble. Take extreme caution into undertaking the secret to unlocking your magic."

Wow. Even freakier. No wonder this was left here! The previous owner must've thought this was crazy after reading the first page! Who are the Edgers? What are these "magic" and "powers" they're talking about? I turned the page.