3 - Alliance

Ian

     "Where is Callum?"

      Zoey caught me off guard when I walked out of her so-called office, having a lot on my mind to even attempt to process everything Callum told me.

      And the last thing I needed was to deal with her at this point, her involvement could be small but I still found it extremely unnecessary. Maybe this could be another detail that was being omitted from me, I wouldn't put it past Callum.

      "He's inside taking a nap." I told her with a sweet smile, leaning my back against the closed door and letting my eyes rake down her body shamelessly.

      Zoey had her arms crossed and her eyebrows furrowed, anyone could tell she was annoyed. To be fair, I knew that was her constant state whenever she was around me.

       I was hoping to intimidate her though, we hadn't been alone in a long time and it wasn't a coincidence that our paths crossed because of whatever the fuck Callum planned.

       "Did you kill him?" She asked, keeping her distance just like I expected.

      "He's healing and will come back to life soon, so I think we couldn't quite call it death." I winked at her, being rewarded with an eye roll. "Callum talks too much, I need some quiet to think... and yet here you are."

      She took a step back, probably because holding my gaze for this long was something that still affected her more than she would ever admit. It was entertaining though, and I made sure to take my time and look at every inch of her.

       The fluorescent lighting in the hallway made her long black hair shine, and now I could tell the tight dress she was wearing was latex. The black thigh-high boots made her legs seem longer, she was definitely worthy of my staring tonight.

        It was funny how much she hated me, but it wasn't my fault that she made the mistake to think we would fall in love and be together forever. We just fucked a couple of times right after she became a demon, and at the time I was curious to have a taste of our precious princess.

        Zoey is Lilith's daughter, despite refusing to ever accept that. She always tried to distance herself as much as she could, and I had a feeling that hanging with lower demons and trying to be one of them was her way of avoiding her legacy.

        Lilith was our queen and Lucifer's partner since I can remember, but she rarely left the depths of Hell. I hadn't seen her in almost three hundred years, but whenever she was around she wouldn't miss the opportunity to ruin Zoey's life.

        She wouldn't miss the opportunity to wreak havoc and meddle in everyone's lives actually, and she was especially fond of me. I didn't miss having the queen around, that's for sure.

        Rumor has it that Lucifer ordered Lilith to have a child so someone could take her place in case anything happened, the Devil had a thing for backup plans. But she wasn't happy with it, Lilith has been around since the beginning and she most likely thinks she'd be there in the end.

        Zoey's powerful because of her lineage, whether she liked it or not. She became a demon like the rest of us: her mother fucked some random human since demons couldn't exactly procreate with each other, and then when Zoey died she went to Hell.

         The transition into a demon wasn't easy, I remembered perfectly how painful the process could be before we could finally come back to life the first time... reborn.

       It took a toll on our souls and bodies, having our powers revealed at once was almost disturbing. And it takes a while to get the hang of it, it's normal to be vulnerable and have your emotions all over the place.