Chapter 1

~
Emily's POV
~

It was almost summer and I was so excited. My parents and I are finally going look at houses for, hopefully, the last time. Today, I just knew that we were gonna pick the house of our dreams. We had been looking for months but are for sure moving this summer.

"Emily! Emily breakfast is ready!" My mom always made breakfast for my dad and I. My mom always works and yet still finds time to do for us. My dad is the same way. We don't really get to have quality time together because of their work.

"Good morning Hun. How'd ya sleep"

"Morning. And alright. Uh hey Mom, where's Dad? He usually eats breakfast with us on Saturdays."

"I think he's getting dressed. Derek, Babe breakfast is ready if you're hungry!"

"Alright, I'll be there in a sec!" He was extra busy today cause he had to call and make sure we were still going to that house today.

"Good morning Pumpkin. Morning Babe. Are y'all excited about this house? I think it could bet ours. Don't ya think?"

My dad gets super excited about new things. He cannot wait until we move out of this extremely small apartment. To tell you the truth, we have enough money to buy a house, it's just houses around our town of Jennings all look the same. Plus my mom found out that she's going to be having another kid. So we kinda need the space.

We finally left the apartment building and we were all pretty nervous. We were hoping for the best.

We arrived at the house. It only took us about twelve minutes to get here. The real estate agent led us into this old, two story Victorian home. Outside it was white. It had a beautiful yard with this huge garden full of cute flowers. And then they had this huge tree with a tire swing hanging from it.

We walked in and the walls were painted blue with white trim. It had all wooden flooring and this huge wooden staircase.

It didn't even take five minutes in the house to tell that this was it. This was the house we were going to buy. My mom fell in love with the kitchen and my dad found the "perfect game room" down the hall.

I didn't even look around downstairs with them. Instead I ran straight to the second floor.

It was huge. And my parents said that I could pick my own room. My mom and dad got the bigger room obviously, but I could pick out of the others. The house is a four bedroom house with a bathroom upstairs and one downstairs. My favorite part of the house was the attic and basement.

I love scary stuff. Ever since I was little, my mom would tell my dad and I not to watch scary movies. Of course Dad would agree with her and say she had nothing to worry about. Later when we knew she fell asleep he'd put one on and that just became our own little thing.

I went downstairs and my parents were already talking to the real estate agent about the cost. To me it should be worth about $600,000.

"Yes, this house is on sale for $200,000."

"Is there something wrong with it?," Dad asked.

"No sir. It's just been on the market for a while cause I guess people think it would be too much for them."

"Let me talk to my family and then I'll get back with you real quick, if that's okay with you."

"Of course sir, that's completely fine with me. Just let me know your decision."

The lady walked outside.

"Okay guys. What do ya think, huh. It sure is nice, right?"

"Yeah, it's beautiful Derek. What about you, Em? Do you like it?"

"I love it. And I think I know what rooms mine."

"Of course you!," Dad said jokingly.
"Meredith, so this is the one?"

"I think so!," Mom said excitedly. "Hey Em, could you go get Ms. Smith from outside please?"

"Yeah sure."

I opened the door and Ms. Smith was on her phone.

"Yeah, I think this house'll finally be off our hands." She was talking low so that we couldn't hear her from inside. "Yeah, the husband asked the cost and then asked why it was so low. I just made up that it was on the market for a while and we needed to get it sold!"

I wonder why she lied to us like that.

"Um, Ms. Smith?"

"Oh um, I'll talk to you later! Hi Emily! Are your parents ready for me Sweety?

"Yeah." I spoke suspiciously to her.

"Um okay. Thank you Sweety! Coming right away!" She now sounded cautious. Like she was worried of what I heard.

"Okay so have y'all made a decision?"

"Yes. We'll take it!" My parents both looked at eachother and smiled. They were so excited. And for once, we can all be happy again and not have to worry about looking anymore.

Coming soon with more chapters. Hope ya like♡