Chapter 3

I don't remember much about what happened at the park, but I did wake up in my house. Adam was sitting next to me in my room. It looked kinda like he'd been crying.

"Hey, what happened?"

"Will from school was messing with you, so I pushed him off of you. I guess he had hit you cause you were bleeding and you passed out. Me and him fought for a few minutes, then ran off. After that, I picked you up and carried you to your house."

"Where's my Dad?"

"He wasn't here when we got here."

I looked at the clock on my dresser. "He went to work."

"Oh my god, your bleeding!"

"Me? Oh I'm fine."

"No come on. Follow me."

I sat up and started walking towards the bathroom. Adam followed.

"Here, sit on the toilet."

He sat down as I was getting a rag.
"You don't have to help me like this."

"Yeah I do, you fought that jerk for me and even brought me home and cleaned me up. This is the least I can do."

"Okay. Um thank you."

"No problem." I was smiling at him and he was doing the same for me.

I put some water on the rag with a little soap.

"If I hurt you let me know, okay?"

"Okay." He was laughing.

I started cleaning him up. He didn't even flinch. Maybe it was already closing up.

"How long was I out?"

"Maybe a good two hours or so."

"Really?! I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine! I wanted to stay. I promise."
I started blushing.

I was done cleaning him up. I put all the stuff that I used up and turned around. He was getting a piece of paper out of him pocket.

He looked at it, looked at me, and handed it to me.

I unfolded it and read it. It said:

Dear Emily,
I don't know how to tell you this in person. I'm better at this on paper so here you go. I've had this crush on you for a while. And now that we get to hang out more, it has grown greatly. I don't really know how you feel about me, but I'm willing to risk it. I've been wanting to say this to you since I seen you at the park. Emily Johnson, will you go out with me?
-Adam

I looked up at him and felt a tear roll down my face. He was smiling really big and was blushing like crazy.

"Are you being serious?"

"Yeah."

I looked at him, smiled big and said,"Yes!"

"Really?!"

I nodded like crazy.

He stood up and hugged me. While he did that, he picked me up off my feet.

"I'm so happy that you felt the same way!"

"I know! I've had a crush on you for so long!"

"So what do we do now?"

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?"

"Sure, where are we gonna watch it at?"

"My room."

~