Chapter 4

~

It's been three months, and things have gotten worse at my house.

"Hey Em, why don't you go out for a bit? You know, hang out with some friends."

My dad was really worried about me these passed few days. My mom too. I haven't really gone anywhere except school. Don't really talk to anyone either.

"Uh, okay.." I really wanted to go, but what would I say to everyone else? They wouldn't believe me; they'd think I'm crazy or something.

"Have fun Em, and stay safe."

My parents don't know about what happened at the park.

I walked out the door and it felt nice outside. It was a cloudy day and very breezy. I love days like this.

I started walking to the park, and I could see Adam swinging on the one he always did, next to me.

I walked up to him and he looked up. I had been ignoring him, along with everyone else. I felt horrible about it, but I didn't know what he'd do if I told him.

The biggest smile I've ever seen grew on his face just then.

"Emily!", he exclaimed. "Where have you been? You haven't been talking to me. I thought you hated me!"

"I know, I'm sorry. I haven't been talking to anyone lately." I looked at the ground because I felt so god damn bad for treating everyone like this, especially him.

"Why? What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Adam was always like this. He was worried about me and I love him for that.

"No no no! I fine.", I smiled. "It's just some weird stuff's been happening at my house lately, and it's kinda freaking me out. I was worried that you'd think I was crazy or something, so I didn't tell you."

"Babe, I'd never think that about you. I would listen to you for hours if you wanted me to cause I know you'd do the same. And trust me, I know you're not crazy!" He laughed at the end and made me giggle as well.

"Really?"

"I promise. You can tell me anything. I don't want you to be scared to tell me anything, and I want to be able to talk to you about anything."

"I wanted to tell you, but I was so scared from what happened." I was nervous of what he was going to say next.

"Well how about this. We can go to my house or yours and talk about it. But I'm pretty sure it's going to be my house."

"Yeah. That sounds good. And your house, please. I- I don't want to be at my house right now."

"That's okay." He put his arm around me. "Let's go."

~
Adam's POV
~

I missed her so much...

I haven't talked to her in weeks. I don't want to go up to her if she doesn't want to talk to me. I mean, maybe she's going through a lot. I know what happened at the park must have been horrible for her.

That's it. I have to talk to her. I can't just keep going on without at least trying.

I'll just go to the park, swing, and think about what I should say. I don't want to say something that would make her cry or something.

~

Alright. I think I'm ready.

As soon as I looked up, she was walking into the park. She was looking at the ground, and she finally looked at me.

Our eyes met. Right then and there, I had the biggest smile I've ever had. I was so happy to see her. And I can tell she felt the same about me.

I stood up and started walking to her. She started towards me too. When we met, I bombarded her with questions.