Do you believe in Fate?

"Im done with media." Pierre said flopping next to me on the red concrete.

I had gone for a little walk to get some fresh air as i had been stuck in an office for most the day replying to emails. I found a spot amongst the red and blue stripes that covered the run off and laid down, staring at the clouds as they passed by.

"Do you believe in fate?" I asked continuing to stare at the clouds.
"Huh?" Pierre said turning his head to look at me.
"Like do you think that your life is decided from the day you are born and there is nothing you can do to change the outcome."
"Well to some extent yes, but i don't like people who are like 'its your destiny'. Why?"
"Ive just been doing some thinking, thats all."
"About you and Daniel?"
"No. Just in general, like, what would have happened if I didn't bring Tay to a race and you never met her? or if i didn't crash, where would i be now? a champion? A nobody? Why does Seb want me to replace him? Is it written in the stars that this is what was meant to happen and what will happen?" I stopped and glanced over at Pierre whose face was blank, sighing, "you didn't listen to a word of that did you?"
"No i did. What do you mean crash? And Seb what?"
"Oh merde i wasn't meant to tell you that." I said covering my mouth with my hand, "actually i trust you, um Seb is leaving Ferrari."
"YOU WHAT?" Pierre said a little to loudly.
"Shhhh you cant tell no one, ESPECIALLY not Tay."
"You have my word but why are you the one replacing him? You aren't a... wait you are her?"
"Who?"
"Won F2 like a few years ago but then crashed on your in lap, i remember the rumours about the team sabotaging the car but i never realised it was you."
"Yep" i sighed, "the one and only."
"No wonder Seb wants you as a replacement, you were pure talent back then, the kind of talent that you don't find anywhere else." Pierre said flopping back and staring at the clouds.
"Im still trying to convince him to stay, not working one bit."
"Thats what you was doing in Italy you sly bastards." He smirked, "i knew it wasn't some interview."
"Uhh excuse me, we did do an interview, releases today at some point so hah."
"Contract signed?" He asked.
"Yep, if i get my fitness to where it should be you are talking to a 2021 Scuderia Ferrari driver." I said and he smiled widely.
"Has a nice ring to it you know." He nodded before standing up, "cmon, we are going for drinks to celebrate, my treat."

He held out his hand for me and i stood up. We began walking back towards the garages. Pierre was still in shock by the way he kept mouthing the words wow, each time i would give him a nudge just incase a camera was looking our way.

We reached the pitlane and darted through the williams garage, praying noone saw us. We wandered down the paddock towards the exit but i noticed Daniel and Michael having a chat and wandered over quickly.

"Hey, Pierre and i are going for some quick drinks, I'll see you at the hotel?" I said giving Daniel a kiss on the cheek and beginning to walk off.

"Woh woh woh." He said pulling me back round.

"What? What've i done now." I chuckled.

He kissed me quickly but passionately, almost knocking me over but i gripped to his shirt for support.

"I wont see you for ages, that will keep me going." He said smirking.

I chuckled and pressed another quick peck to his cheek before running off to catch Pierre. I heard Michael tell Daniel that he was a soppy bitch and i laughed, waving bye to the boys.

———————————————

"To the thing." Pierre said holding up his glass for me to clink.

"To That." I chuckled.

"So have you got a trainer or is Michael helping you?" Pierre asked.

"Shhh. What did we literally just say. Ye he is. Apparently i do enough exercise already as my weight is good for the amount i bloody eat. The best thing is i don't even go to the gym at the minute." I winked.