Saltwater And Strawberries

"Oh wow this is secluded." Daniel smirked as we made our way down precariously to the beach.

"I told you." I took his hand as he helped me down onto the sand.

The sun was slowly setting over the ocean, the golden hues lighting up Daniels face and smile perfectly.

"You know I've been thinking..." Daniel began as my fingers interlocked with his walking towards the waters edge.

"Oh god are you ill?" I joked and he rolled his eyes.

"No." He scoffed and grinned, "You know how i asked you if you wanted to move in with me a while ago."

"Yes." I replied slightly confused.

"What if actually I sold my apartment and we brought a house together instead?" He kicked some sand with his foot, "I just thought it would then be ours, our house."

"I like that idea." I grinned, pressing a small kiss to his cheek.

The sea water hit my feet and i almost jumped at the freezing feeling, causing Daniel to begin cackling. I pushed him playfully and he tripped, falling straight into the oceans incoming waves, causing me to burst out laughing this time.

"You bastard." He said, still laughing his head off.

"I'm sorry i had to." I chuckled and sat down beside him, squealing when the water hit my back.

"Just why did you do that?" He struggled to get out between laughs.

"I couldn't get you soaked and then I'm not. I like the ocean anyways." I leant on his shoulder, "it is so peaceful, yet fun."

"Come on then." Daniel stood up and took my hand, pulling me up and we waded deeper and further out so the water was up to my knees, the bottom of my dress soaked.

Daniel let ho of my hand and then kicked up some water, splashing me. I retaliated and it turned into us trying to soak each other the most. It was fair to say we was equally soaked, my hair smelt salty and Daniel's curls stuck to his forehead, beads of water running down his face.

I paused for a moment and smiled at my boyfriend, who was too busy laughing at the state of his shorts. My boyfriend who when we got back from this holiday i would buy a house with. My boyfriend, who I would marry in a heartbeat.

I waded so i was closer to him and hugged him, my wet hair laying against his chest, leaving a patch. Daniel rested his arms on my hips as we stood there, the only noise, the sound of the waves crashing against the shore.

"I could stay here forever." I whispered.

"So could I." He continued to hold me.

We stood there for what felt like hours, just us the ocean and the breeze. The sun had set by this point and the tide had began to come in so we waded back to shore and clambered back up onto the deck of our room.

"Did you go for a dip in your clothes or something?" I heard someone shout and looked over at the room next to us where Pierre and Tay were cuddled up on one of the loungers.

"Um kinda." I laughed looking down at my dripping dress, i followed Daniel indoors where he threw a towel at me and i stripped my dress off to dry off.

As i tried to dry my hair a pair of hands snaked around my waist and i felt Daniel's stubble against my neck. I smirked and continued to dry my hair as I felt Daniel place kisses down my neck and back.

"What are you up to?" I laughed as his stubble tickled at my spine.

"Showing my girlfriend some love. Is that not allowed?" He paused.