1

The day I first met you
You told me, you never fall in love...

"Kim Rei!" Jiwon barged into her bestfriend's door shamelessly, holding a bag full of tangerines in her hand. She was smiling brightly as she entered the house.

There she spot the said girl, sleeping with her body spread all over the bed. This made Jiwon giggle and mutter, "Cute."

She started poking the squishy cheeks of her bestfriend while giggling. She couldn't hide her uwus even though she already seen this for a thousand times.

"Yah, cut it out, Jiwonie~" she groaned cutely and covered her face with her blanket. This just made Jiwon giggle more as she laid down beside her bestfriend and engulfing her in a tight hug.

"Yah~" Rei whined and tried to shake away her bestfriend's hug, which didn't work of course.

"Let's hang out today, Rei-yah~ Mom wants you to spend the weekend in my place. She says she'll cook your favorites," Jiwon says and rested her chin on her best friend's chest while still poking the latter's cheeks.

"Really?! Okay then! I'll tell Yujin-unnie first. That girl will probably freak out again," she replied and stretched her body while yawning.

Jiwon was looking at her adorable bestfriend with a huge smile on her face.

I won't get tired of witnessing this cute side from you, Rei-yah. Never.

"Hey! Don't do that to your bestfriend, Jagiya~" The two bestfriends are currently playing a game in the korean's house.

"What? You're gonna win anyways," Jiwon replied as she vigorously pressed the buttons, wanting to defeat her competitive bestfriend.

In the end, Rei won and Jiwon lost, making the latter sulk. The Japanese girl cheered and did a cute victory dance.

The two girls have been friends since forever. Rei was Japanese but she got along the Korean in just a snap of a finger, which confuses their other friends since Jiwon is known to be the most introverted human being on earth. They got along so well and became inseparable to the point that both their families already claimed the kids as their own.

"Awe! Don't be sad, Jagiya. Let's go buy you some ice cream," Rei said to cheer her bestfriend up, which made Jiwon's face bright again. Rei chuckled and pulled her bestfriend up and quickly went out of the room.

"Where are you kids going?" Mrs. Kim asked the two girls while beaming them a motherly smile. She was currently cooking for lunch in the kitchen.

"Rei's gonna buy me ice cream, mom," Jiwon replied.

"Aww, that's so sweet of you, honey. What about Mom?"

"I'll buy some for you too, mom," Rei answered and gave her a thumbs up while smiling cheekily, making the woman chuckle.

Mom. She was already part of the Kim family so she calls Jiwon's mom as her mom too. This explains why she is sometimes called Kim Rei by their other friends. Same thing goes to Jiwon. Whenever Rei videocalls her parents in Japan, Jiwon calls the former's parents as Okkasan and Ottosan too.

"Hey! Liz! Rei! Over here!" The two who were happily eating their ice creams heard their names being called. Both of them turned and saw their other friends, Gaeul and Hyunseo.

"Hi, Gaeul-unnie, Hyunseo-yah," Jiwon greeted them with a smile.

Meanwhile, Rei and Gaeul did a handshake with each other.

"Whatchu guys doing? Going somewhere?" Rei asked their friends.

"Me and Hyunseo are going to the mall and shop. You guys wanna come?" Gaeul asked them. Rei was about to say yes but was stopped when Jiwon held her hand. She looked at Jiwon and Jiwon looked at her too, but with a meaningful look. Rei fully understood what she meant.

"Sorry, guys. Mom's gonna cook my favorite dish for lunch so we'll have to say no for now. Maybe next time," Rei said.

Hyunseo then went in between her and Jiwon while circling her arms around her unnies' shoulders.

"I still won't understand how it's totally okay for Liz-unnie that you're calling her mom as your mom too," she says a bit innocently.

Jiwon chuckled but with a visible blush creeping in her face. She couldn't understand that as well.

"How about you, guys? Where were you heading?" Gaeul questioned them.

"Jagiya was sulky because I beat her in video games so I bought her ice cream to cheer her up," Rei casually answered while their hands are still intertwined.

Jagiya. Rei would always call her that in front of their friends. They were even dubbed as a Couple because of the callsign and how inseparable they are. This always sends Jiwon in cloud nine whenever Rei calls her that. She'd feel giddy and butterflies would fly in every side of her tummy whenever she hears it.
Meanwhile, her other friends call her Liz because she once shared that she read a classic novel called Pride and Prejudice and that she liked the main character's name Elizabeth. Since then, people called her Liz, except Rei and her family. She chose to keep it that way. And the fact that she only allows Rei to call her by her real name is something she's proud of.

"Well, she's not Liz if she's not sulky. Anyway, we better go now. Wonyoung might be waiting for us already," Gaeul said.

"Omo! You're right, unnie! Wonyoung-unnie texted me earlier saying that she's already at the mall," Hyunseo went to Gaeul's side again and checked her phone.

"Then you guys have fun, is Yujin-unnie going too?" Rei asked.

"I think so. I mean, if Wonyoung is there, then it's most likely that Yujin will be there as well."

"Alright, unnie. Be careful on your way there," Jiwon said and gave them a smile.

"Of course. You kids go safely too," Gaeul said and waved her hands at them.

"We will!" Rei enthusiastically said.

"Bye, unnies!" Hyunseo also waved and walked alongside Gaeul.

The couple watched as their friends' back disappeared from their sight. Jiwon then tightened her hold on Rei's hand and looked at her.

"Let's go home now, Jagiya," she says with her heart soaring in the sky as she seldom calls her bestfriend that.

Rei looked at her and smiled as well, "Yeah. Let's go."