6

The world is ours
If you want it, we can take it
If you just take my hand

"Kim Rei," Jiwon called her bestfriend, who was busy with her assignment. The latter hummed in response.

"So I'm finally gonna meet your family, huh?" she asked while staring at her bestfriend's serious and focused face. She looks good while being focused, Jiwon thought.

"Uh-huh. I'm gonna give you a heads up," Rei finally looked up to see Jiwon's gaze at her. She suddenly became shy and instantly looked away. "So, um, you already know about Saku-chan, right? So now, I'm gonna tell you about my big brothers, Yoshinori and Mashiho. Both of them are really protective, only that Yoshi-san is a little bit strict while Mashi-san is really easy-going. But they are really sweet so don't worry."

Jiwon smiled. She was indeed excited to meet Rei's parents and siblings. But most of all, she's beyond happy knowing that she'll be spending her time with Rei the whole week at their hometown.

"I'm not worried, Rei-yah. In fact, I really wanted to meet the most important people in your life and thank them for raising a beautiful person like you," she says while looking at Rei with admiration.

Shy at the moment, Rei poked Jiwon's dimple and continued writing on her notebook to hide the smile and blush in her face, "You're becoming a cheesecorn right now, you know that? Did Gaeul-unnie finally influenced you?"

Jiwon chuckled and rested her head on the table but still looking at Rei's face. "Maybe. Is it working?"

"Yah, why don't you work on your homework now huh? I'll be going back to the apartment later and see if Yujin-unnie is already back."

"Why don't you stay for tonight? I told Yujin-unnie that I'll be taking you home earlier and she agreed," she says, reaching over to fix Rei's bangs, tucking loose strands of hair on the latter's ear.

"I'll pass for tonight, Jiwonie. I wanna know what happened to Wonyoung earlier so I'll go and ask her," she says.

Speaking of Wonyoung, Jiwon finally remembered the scene earlier and why the former was lost in her thoughts most of the time today. She sat up straight and thought.

"Oh, right. She was kinda out of it the whole day. I wonder what could have happened that made her like that."

"I have no idea, but I guess it has something to do with the rumors about her again," Rei says with a worried tone. Most of the students are really cruel to Wonyoung and she can't pinpoint why.

"Yujin-unnie! Are you here?" Rei yelled as soon as she stepped inside the apartment. She neatly stacked her shoes on the side and walked towards the kitchen.

"Yeah! I'm going down now," she hears Yujin yell back from her room.

Rei took a chocolate bar and plopped in the couch, opening the wrapper and munching on it. Yujin appeared a few moments later.

"Hey, kid. Why did you arrive late?" she asked and ruffled Rei's hair, earning a groan from the younger.

"You already know where I spent my time, unnie," she savagely responded.

"Yah, show some respect or I'll tell Kkura-unnie that you're talking back to me," Yujin threatens. Rei pouted.

"Fine, sorry, unnie." Yujin smiled so she continued after a few moments. "So, how was Wonyoung? Jiwon told me that she went home early."