Playdate - Nepeta x Reader

TW! slight mommy issues, slight self emotional damage

Your mom is... an interesting person. You love her, and you never doutbed it, but sometimes she can get too irritable and unbearable. This time she was mad at you because you forgot something in the stove and it burned. Oh well, you got mentally prepared for her rants, and she was right you knew, but it was just an accident, you just forgot and weren't even busy, you got distracted in your phone.

This time she probably had a lot of stress carrying from days ago and you are her first target to discharge everything, anyway its not like you take everything seriously, it used to hurt years ago but you learned how to ignore the bad stuff, or, mostly not let it hurt your feelings. Your mom is a nice person but she doesn't measure the weight of her words, and since you have memory she is an explosive arrogant fancy lady. It works for her, somehow, at job and life.

She lately says, probably a year ago, that she doesn't want to deal with you anymore, and you feel that your only purpose of existence currently is either helping your family no matter anything else, being guilty of everything, or that youre the only rude person and cause of problems in your relationships with people. You wonder if it is a normal way of thought, because you feel perfectly fine... well, there are moments when youre fragile and everything can make a hurricane in your mind 'youre the worst daughter', ' youre rude and ungrateful to your own mom even after she works all day only for you', 'love doesnt really exist', 'whats the point of keep living'.. and other hundreds of negative thoughts to yourself. It is fine as long as you keep your mind busy, and usually working on something or cleaning was the best way to escape reality keeping your mind busy and feeling that youre not useless as your mom makes you feel.

At least it was only the only way until you put in practice writing fanfics and drawing again. You've never really been good at painting, or well, you haven't really tried painting professionally at all. Hours pass, sometimes you feel like you waste your time, but what is true is that your mood and calmness are great this days.. sadly you know you've been wasting time doing nothing productive, and you know your mom and your family will think all you do all day everyday is nothing. You dont really mind, you used to care but not anymore, you feel secure about yourself, hopefully this confidence never leaves again. You are sure about your potential and you know you will success in life no matter what your family says.

When you realized about time, it was 16:00 already, you've been laying, sitting, writing a new chapter of your fanfics, drawing, listening your good jams, chatting.
You don't mind if people thinks you're wasting the best years of your life, you like this and you feel fine right now, you're a smart person and you can easily pass all your classes without effort. You have your life already made, you would study your career and probably go partying, having fun with boys and girls if you know what i mean (sorry if you're asexual! don't mind this if so!), find a job, move from your parents' finally, live your life with your own decisions and self control of yourself, not someone's else puppet; have fun in some vacations, do stuff, live the adult boring life, maybe get married, or not, kids, or not, those last two aren't in your priorities right now.

The whole situation with your mom earlier was really weird and you got hurt a lot when she said she always wanted to have a daughter, but you're... you, she reminded you when you told her about your orientation (i guess it is alright if you're straight), she reminded you how many times you fuck things up and how rude you've been all your life, about how you don't do enough and they do everything for you.. she said she was tired of having to deal with you once again, that shes relieved you will leave soon one day, that everything they've done and all the money they've spent was all meaningless. What are you even doing here, you don't belong to this family, but your family is the only family you have, then maybe you dont belong anywhere.. you remembered all this years, having the best grades, trying to help in the household chores, babysitting your (cousin/brother/sister). But it was never enough to your mom, it will never be apparently. This probably was one of those times when you feel fragile and only need a hug, sadly you learned that to get any kind of affection you have to win it first.. so you don't really hug people or show your feelings, right, because your opinion either has any value to your family.