Worthy

Tamara

It was the first time ever I met with Eren outside in public place...he was very concerned about me. As I always thought, he was very kind compationate man up close.
Of all of them, I was the only one who could understand him and know what he wanted...And he, on the other hand, used to treat me differently from others, Which prompted Leva to believe that I occupy a special position in his heart...
Oh Leva! What a fool...

But when I look into his eyes, I really overwhelmed by happiness and feel like I am in home...

"Tami meet me tomorrow at 2 PM in my office"

"Ok..."

"Don't worry, you are going to do well" Eren assured me sympathetically.

"One last thing Tamara..."

" Yes Eren?"

"I see you've gotton better after we spent some time outside...so how about meeting once again in Mr. Yosuke café?"

"Hmmm!!" I blushed as I stared at Eren unable to say a word...

"I loved the place! It looks like you read my mind" that was all I could say...

Eren enjoyed watching my reaction to every situation that happened. He continues to surprise me with his behavior...Here, after giving me a sudden warm hug this morning, He wants to make time for us to spend together. Eventually, Leva's words turned out to be true.

We smiled softly at each other before each one of us go on its own way...

Before 3 hours

"Bestie! What happened to you!"

"You left me alone and unfortunately I screwed up"

Leva launched a beautiful laugh, I can feel it was from the depth of her heart "Hilarious"

"You know Leva...I was worried about Damir. I feel he keeps a lot of secrets hidden...you are precious to me, and I don't want to lose anyone!"

"Oh dear! I understand your feelings... We try to protect the people we love and not endanger them... Although Damir is strict and ambiguous to the point of exaggeration, I have a deep belief that everything he does is primarily for our advantage. At the same time, he will do anything to protect you and his comrades"

"That's the problem...he considered me weak girl whom in need for protection"..."I can make difference Leva, like you, Eren and Peter...I need to feel I am worthy"

"I am sure you're already vital to our team dear... come on, we need to join the others"

Leva and I headed to the operation room where Damir, Eren and the rest are awaiting.

Damir began the meeting by presenting his plan for the next stage. "The first step will depend on what information you can gather in that celebration, Eren..."

Just Eren!
It was fine to me until I heard the last sentence...
I couldn't focus on any word of what Damir had said after that... It seems he didn't want to send me with Eren after my health deteriorated.

"Any questions my friends!"
Damir asked, addressing everyone, but in fact he was referring to me after witnessing how much I was displeasure and confused.

"Who will accompany Eren?"

"At first it was up to you, Tamara. But your health condition, altered the plan! I don't think you'll be able to"

"I'm getting better now, I want you to give me a chance"

"Tamara... I would love to, but in such circumstances we can't rely on luck. You will be surrounded by enemies on all sides, and any suspicion will put your life and mission at risk....Above all, Your body needs time to heal"

"You think I'm weak, and you can't count on me but I am not... All I want since I joined you is to know my place in this world. To protect me from death is a fantasy. After all, Death is an inevitable consequence. And in this life, it will be great if your death has meaning"

Silence felled the room while everyone kept thinking about what I've just said.
Damir stepped toward me, His long, taut body stood against mine. His left hand landed on my shoulder then said in a monotonous voice, "Don't ever think you are a burden or that I don't count on you... "

"So trust me and my abilities...let me fly high and dedicate my heart fully...Be sure that you will be proud of me, dear brother...I become stronger than before, I feel it"

"Sound encouraging, I think there is a chance Damir" Leva said trying to interact with us "Tamara is getting better, and we have enough time before the trip. If Tamara medical results improved, I think everything would be ok".

"How would you deal with the Marlians over there? It's a very difficult task you know... you have to keep a cool head, stay calm and balanced no matter what happens or what you hear...you have to act properly there"

"I can act smart...I made many friendships in Marley, I have good experience dealing with them"

"Tamara, Damir I have a suggestion" We all turned our sights to Eren

"Tamara, come and meet me tomorrow in my office, I will introduce you as my escort to the celebration and at the same time I can test your ability to deal with them back there. Regarding your state of health, Peter can provide an assessment of your condition the day before the flight"

"Sounds good idea Eren" I said in joyful tone. Eren and Leva had great faith in me, they understood me very well and appreciated how I felt.

Damir stared at all of us, examining everyone's eyes... My friends all seemed to have faith in me and he noticed that..."What do you think, Peter?"

"I don't see any problem, we have several days before the event and indeed there is a good chance that her condition will improve...Blood tests over the next two days will enable us to make a wise decision."

"Ok then Tami, if that is your desire, you have your chance. I am sure you will not let me down"

"I promise"
Finally, an air of enthusiasm and optimism filled the room... Inside me, I felt a great power flowing through my veins... If I could use it to my advantage, I would be able to protect my friends...

All I want to do is protect them from any tragic fate... And what remains is to win Damir's absolute confidence...

"Dami, everyone, I have a beautiful dream that I want to achieve...I believe that the world is a beautiful place not just horrible and covered with destruction and war...I want us to see together its true splendor"

I want us to see together its true splendor"