Prologue (+Intro)

"Now, you know how to use that thing, right?"

Hands are on yours as the magic from your new Palismen flows against your palms and fingers. It's tingly, but relaxing.

"Eda, I think you've lent me Owlbert enough times for me to understand the basics of Palismen magic."

"I know, I know. But using someone else's Palismen is much different than having your own." Eda lets go of your hands and your able to freely hold your new staff. "But I trust you'll take good care of them. But I want you to take Owlbert with your out. I don't want the guards to recognize you're civilian face."

You nod, and Eda moves to grab you a large cloak as your Palismen releases their staff form to prowl around the floors of the Owl House. "You know you don't have to fully commit to this. Being a criminal is what I'm good at. You don't have to throw away you're life for me."

"Still trying to talk me out of this, hm? Scared I'll take your place as 'greatest witch on the boiling isles'?"

"Of course!" Eda clicked her tongue and sent a finger gun in your direction. "But I'm also worried you'll get hurt."

"I'm not a child anymore." She knows that. You know she knows that. But you also know Eda comes from a place of caring. She trusts you, you know she does.

"It's the biggest way I can think of to repay you. I've always wanted to be a troublemaker anyways. Show that Emperor Belos who's boss."

"Kid, I adore your ambition. Alright. You know I trust you to send Owlbert if anything, and I mean anything goes wrong." She pauses and you get what she's conveying. She trusts you to look after Owlbert, too.

"Of course." You nod. "And don't be shy to send me on missions. Or give good recommendations and advice. You know I love learning from the master."

Eda placed a hand on your shoulder, looking you in the eyes. Her gaze was soft and sweet, with a hint of worry and concern. "I'm so proud of you, kid."

You leaned into her touch and smiled brightly. She felt more motherly in these moments.

"Have fun, kiddo. Cause some chaos for those guards!"

"Of course, Eda."

Once her hand released your shoulder, you were out the door, hood over your face.

Thus began your new adventures.

----

Good morning! This is a fic I've been wanting so desperately to write!

This is going to be a gender neutral reader (but if I accidentally use she/her pronouns let me know! This is a very new shift.)

Since I've been so excited to write this, I drew a good chunk of my ideas out with an oc I created. Now, a lot of her design is going to be implemented in this book, but the gender will be neutral and reader will still be a dressed as y/n. But I adore my oc a lot, and since I'm so proud of these drawings, I'm going to put a few illustrations at the end of some of the chapters that correspond.

Like I send, my oc is female and has her own looks, but I hope you'll still enjoy the pictures anyways :)

ALSO THIS IS JUST AN INTRO TO YOU AND EDA. YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN, LOL.