2 × Dance for the road? ×

You and King stare down at Luz's phone. "So, you get 'wifi' from the human realm, which makes it possible to watch these two cats fight each other?" King asks, and Luz nods.

"That's so cool." You chuckle. You watch as a text appears on Luz's screen, and she quickly takes her phone back.

You gave her a sympathetic look. You knew she missed her mom. Her mom who thinks she's at camp. It's certainly a situation.

"Ah, a severed hand!" King interrupts your thoughts. "Perfect response!"

"Ugh! What am I supposed to say?" Luz huffs. "'Hey, Mom, I'm not actually at camp! I'm in the learning to be a ! Also, did you know that and are real?' She. Will. End me." Luz flops face first into the cushion.

"It'll be okay, Luz." You place a hand on her shoulder. "Besides, this world is terrifying compared to yours. You're doing her a total favor."

"Yeah! She'd be totally freaked and then she'd get worried about you! While currently, she has no idea, and is living in bliss." King adds.

Luz hums thoughtfully and places her finger to her chin. "The witch and demon at my shoulder make great points."

"Always trust shoulder voices." You wink, while King grabs the phone back from Luz. You hear the familiar sound of cats start up again.

"Hoot hoot!" Your head whips around as Hooty throws... himself? open. "Luz, Y/n!! It's time to fill your head with..." Hooty chokes up some books and you and Luz wince in disgust. "Delicious knowledge!!!"

You look past him and make eye contact with Willow and Gus.

"Please hurry" Gus lightly whimpers out.

"The more I look at him, the more uncomfortable I get." Willow whispers.

You roll your eyes and stand, stretching a bit. "Alright Luz, let's go, shall we?"

"Yep!" Luz gives you a wink and a finger gun, before turning towards King. "Don't spend all day on Mewtube, alright?"

"I forge my own path!"

You laugh, and lead Luz out the door with you. The four of you walk to Hexside, talking about your classes and the weekend.

When you finally get in the building, you look around, and then let out a groan. "Oh Titan, how did I forget?"

"Forget what?" Luz asks. "Hey... something's different.... Did everyone get a haircut?"

"Look out!" Someone shouts, and you dive out of the way. Two 'doctors' rush by and go up to a blonde boy. "You must come with us immediately! Your disease is advancing!"

"Oh no!" The blonde boy is forced onto the hospital bed. "Doc,,, is there a cure?"

"The only cure is finding the perfect date to Grom!"

You snort a bit. Willow looked at the scene happily.

"Well," The blonde boy continued. "If that's the case," he looked towards a girl, Skara. "Skara, will you go with me to Grom?"

Skara squealed and launched herself into the boy's arms. "Of course I will, or whatever!"

"You guys have a version of prom here??? Oh my gosh!" Luz squeals. "I was kicked out of my last school dance for dressing like an otter, but maybe here I can be your Grom queen!"

You sucked your breath through your teeth, giving Luz a look. "Yeaaah, no. You don't want that."

"Yeah, that's not usually something people sign up for." Willow adds.