Acknowledgment

Acknowledgment

It takes two eyes to write a story, but a community to make it into a book, and in this case; a novel.

I’ll like to acknowledge everyone that has been a part of this book process:

To my mom, ‘the Sun’ whom my world revolves around, I say a big thank you for believing in me from the very start of my writing career.

To my two darling little sisters—Abimbola Aderinsola Ajayi, the moon that never ceases to light up my world for her unwavering support and motivations. And—Akinbami Khadija, the rain that revives my parched earth for her encouraging words, the smile and laughter she always forced out of me when I’m down.

To Ademola Mayowa Taiwo, my co-heist plotter and graphics designer from the get-go, I say a huge thank you for his moral support and his unwavering faith and belief in me.

To my fair girl—Ajufo Divine-Favor the one I called ‘the enchantress’, for making me believe in myself again, and convincing me to pick up my pen once more and start writing this book. And her brother—Emmanuel Ajufo, for being an active listener to my unending tales about this novel.

To Christiana Kusimo—a wonderful soul and being, my rock through my dark days. For being a great listener, and also for her patience and attentiveness when I pour out the ideas of this book to her. 

To Sodiq Oyedele, Shuadad Abde’ Salam, and Akinkunmi Adebimpe—the brothers, life wrapped and presented to me as gift of friends about four years ago. For their support; both in the monetary and in the affection aspect, and likewise their candid assessments and unflattering remarks.

To Akinbami Olayinka, my uncle and ‘guiding light’, for shining his light upon me, both in the financial and physical, and mental sense.

To Afolabi Idowu Abdul Ganiyy, for his constant support and showers of affection. I can proudly say I owe everything I am now, and all else that I would become in the near future to him. For, he’s been the number one person rooting for me right from the start.

To Mr. Abdul Kabir and Mr. Maruf for their constant support and aid to my family through the years.

To everyone at Starlybooks, my first real fans and critics, who took their time to read and review this book for the first time and gave me the shove to turn it into an NFT.

To Judith—my favorite Igbo girl, who believes so much in me and dedicated her time to reading this book and giving it an honest brutal criticism, that makes the book turn out to be the great piece that it is.

To Basit, a brother and a prospective brother-in-law in the making, for his time and timely reminder to be consistent. Trust me, you don’t know what your constant reminder means to me.

And to everyone, who has ever crossed paths with me in life, believed in me, and supported me in one way or the other, through the good times, and even when life decided to be hard and rough.

A humble me is saying to you all a huge ‘Thank You’ and ’I Love You’.