∂ Chapter 05 ∂

Bryan sighed as the clock chimed 12, glancing beside him at AI who remained powered off. Will this work? Or will he attack me like the others? "Night guard~" a voice sang, a clear grin in their voice as well as a promise of pain. It only just turned 12! "Awe, look at you, night guard, so scared!"

"H-Happy Frog..." Bryan gulped, glancing at AI who remained powered off. "Happy frog, please, stand down." Happy Frog merely laughed, creeping forwards. Shit, shit, shit! "Happy Frog, I order you to stand down." Still nothing.

"You made us suffer. You made us hurt." She spat, slowly cornering the man. "How about we make you feel the same way?" Then, she leapt. Bryan shrunk away, bracing himself and almost screaming as the animatronic jaw locked onto his shoulder and refused to budge.

Suddenly Happy Frog was yanked off him, his saviour pushing her away and back into the vents. "Bryan, are you okay? I'm so sorry it took me so long to power on!" AI apologised as he helped the man up who was clenching his jaw. "We'll clean that back at yours, for now we'll have to keep them away the best we can." Nodding in agreement, the two began to prepare themselves. "Molten's trying to keep them from entering the vents at all, but since there's multiple entrances it's kind of difficult."

"I'd bet," Bryan chuckled before flinching at the sound of crawling in the vents. "Sounds small... could be Helpy, Baby, or Balloon Boy." AI nodded, turning to look in the other vent with the flashlight, scaring off Rockstar Freddy. During those two minutes the rabbit had its back turned, Helpy leapt out and began to claw at Bryan's back, making the man cry out in pain before he shoved her back into the vents, flashing the flashlight at her. Sorry.

"You okay?" AI asked as he flashed a flashlight down the vent again.

"Yeah," Bryan said, flashing his flashlight down the vent behind him. "It's never usually like this. I mean, at the previous ones it was but I had doors then. God, why didn't I invest in doors!? Note to self: get doors for the security office." AI chuckled, shaking his head at the business owner before refocusing on the vents. "Luckily I got all the supplies yesterday so it's just making sure they don't attack me now."

Hour passed and soon, it was 5.45. Fifteen minutes! The joy of having fifteen minutes of his shift faded as AI began to power down. "A-AI? AI, why- why are you powering off? The shift isn't over yet. AI? AI!? AI!" Nothing was getting the rabbit to wake up, even as Bryan tried to shake him. Footsteps in the vents caused his panic to rise, gulping to try and calm his nerves. It was all in vain as he began to shake. "AI please!"

"Night guard~" Baby... "Awe, are you scared? Well, it's time to get our revenge!" Revenge...? What for? Before he could think, Baby's stomach hatch opened to reveal her scooper. No... No, no, no! Trying to get out of the way, he screamed as it latched onto his side. Suddenly it was retracted as he collapsed, breathing heavily through the pain. "B-Bryan!" Baby screamed, running over to him. "Bryan, I'm so sorry! I-I... I don't know what..."

"Hey, it's-" Bryan groaned, wincing as he moved to look at the small animatronic. "It's okay." Feeling fatigue wash over him, he pushed himself backwards so that he was sat against the wall. Next thing he knew, his world went black as Baby began sobbing, squeezing his hand.

"Bryan!"