∂ Chapter 09 ∂

As the clock chimed 6, indicating the end of Bryan's shift, the man could crawl no longer and slowly succumbed to the fatigue calling out to him. Before he did, the last thing he saw was the look of horror on one of his employee's face upon seeing his condition.

"Bryan!"

Coming into work that morning, Vic was not prepared to see the battered, bruised and quite frankly sickening body of their employer on the floor by the Rockstar Stage. Nor were they prepared to see the animatronics covered in blood. What the fuck happened last night!? Grabbing their phone from their back pocket, Vic was quick to call 911 and demand for an ambulance, trying not to throw up as they got closer to their boss. Hanging up, they began to sob. We're going to lose him! Starting to put pressure on the more dire wounds on Bryan's body, Vic tried not to convince themselves that Bryan wasn't going to make it and tried to convince themselves that he was, indeed, going to make it, but something in the back of their mind kept whispering that he wasn't.

Slowly the animatronics began to power on, ready to perform for the children coming in for the day. Lefty was the first one to notice the body of their owner on the floor, practically unrecognisable at this point, letting out a scream of horror and grief, scaring the shit out of everyone else who had powered on. Vic could barely hear anything. Not the sound of metallic feet rushing to the main room, not the sound of horrified screams, not the sound of Bryan's shallow breathing, and definitely not the sound of the ambulance approaching.

Soon the paramedics were on the scene and were quick to load the injured owner onto a stretcher, rushing him off to the hospital. Vic decided it was best to have the pizzeria shut for at least a week to make sure they got everything spick and span after this whole ordeal. Not only that, but they thought it best not to come into work today after seeing Bryan in such a condition.

Lefty sobbed, looking at his hands as Vic left. They had done this. Bryan was like this because of them. Bryan might be dead because of them. "We're monsters..." he whispered as he looked up at the others from where he sat on his stage, horror and grief shining in his eye. AI just bowed his head, continuing to try and get the blood off his fur. "Why? Why didn't he tell us what we were doing to him!?"

"Probably didn't want us to worry," Chica sniffed, curled in the corner as the picture of Bryan's body appeared every time she blinked. "He's... he's never liked worrying us. Why would he want to worry us about what we were doing to him?"

"I...I hooked out his eye..." Foxy mumbled, looking at his hook. The eye had fallen off a long time ago, but he had found it in the vents, pierced through the middle. Not only that but it fit perfectly on his hook. "He's probably dead because of us..." That caused all of the animatronics to bow their heads, knowing what Foxy said was true. It was the sad truth: they were dangerous. They were made to be dangerous, and even when they tried to convince themselves otherwise, nothing could take away what they did to Bryan. It just proved the fact that they were made to be dangerous, even when they didn't want to admit it. It was how they were made; they were nightmares by design.