34

Jisoo's POV

After school we are walking back home. It's Jennie's plan though. She doesn't want to go home fast. I already called her mom that we will be a bit late. We are at the old small market in the town.

"Wow! This place is so beautiful!" She stared at the decorations.

She is looking like a baby. I never bring her here before. This is the best place for a date with her. She loves aesthetic, artistic things. Here's a lot of old things, arts stores, along with her favorite book store.

"There's a book store! Let's go." She skipped to the store immediately, without waiting for me.

I can't help but to laugh. She is really a nerd. I followed her inside. It's pretty much big inside. The bookshelves are full. Not a lot of people here. I found Jennie at the corner shelf. She is concentrated in a book. I slowly stand close to her.

"What is this book?" I asked.

She look at me, "When did you put interest in books?"

I raised my eyebrow at her. How did she knows that I hate books.

"How did you kno--" she stopped me.

"Duh! It's not difficult to observe that you don't like to study. That's why I know you are not attached to the books." She said, moving away from me.

I sighed. I don't know why I always feel like she didn't lose her memories. She is not uncomfortable of my presence. Usually it happens when someone lost their memories they becomes reserved, don't like to get close to anyone.

"What are you thinking?" She tapped on my shoulder.

I shook my head, "are you done checking the books? I'm hungry."

"Oh yes. I'll buy these two books." She show me the books.

I nodded. She insisted to pay for the books but I did anyway. I took her to a very old but authentic ramen restaurant.

"What do you wanna eat?" I asked her.

"I guess you come here often. Since I'm not really familiar with the menu, you should order. You must know which one is the best here." She said looking up from the menu.

I smiled at her answer. I just love the way she always speaks to the point. I ordered jajangmyeon and tteokbokki. Jennie start to read one of the book, as the glasses rest on her nose. I smiled at her cute face.

"Take a picture if you are that much eager to stare at me." Jennie said without looking up from the book.

I laughed lightly, "Hmm yes. I should take a pic of your beautiful self."

She rolled her eyes. "Stop flirting with me. Will you?"

I smirked, "I didn't flirt with you Ms. Kim. I'm just stating the fact. You are really beautiful. The most beautiful girl in my eyes." I can't help but to said it.

Our eyes meet. Something flashed in her eyes but she covered it with her blank stare. I can still see the blush on her cheeks. We get distracted by the waiter. He served our foods. The rest of the dinner went without much conversation.

"Why did you payed again? You already buy me those books." Jennie complained again.

"I told you not to worry about it. I just wanted to pay that's why I did it." I said, casually walking as my hands are in the hoodie pockets.

It's getting chilly these days cause the winter is coming. The road is quiet and empty. The dim light from the lightposts making it mysterious yet romantic. We are just a block away from our houses.

"I have a question." She said.

"What is it?" I asked glancing at her.

"Why do I feel like you're not just a friend..?" I said looking straight in my eyes, "more than a friend."

I clenched my jaws. I want to tell her that she is my girlfriend. I need to tell her what I did to her as well. What if she stop talking to me and don't wanna see me again?

"W-what? Haha.. you are funny. You are out of my league. I'm a bad girl, a spoiled bitch. You are like an angel. We never matches." I suppressed the pain while saying it.

"Oh really? But I thought it's a best match. It happens a lot." She said, as her blank expression returned.

"Why? You wanna be my girl?" I asked, playfully.

"We arrived already. I'm going in." She said stopping in front of her house, "Good night."

I didn't realised when we arrived. She already greeted me.

"Uh yes. See you tomorrow." I said, giving a soft smile to her.

She didn't reacted to me. I felt uncomfortable under her steady and cold gaze.

"Um good night then.." I waved at her.

She fished out something from her jeans pocket. She hold my warm hands with her cold ones then put it on my palm. Retreating her hand, she go in her house. I miss her touch.

I stared at the beautiful fountain pen in my hand. It's the one I wanted to buy from the market, but I was short in money. I can't help but to smile. My heart fluttered.

"She is really observant. I'll show you how much I love you." I said.

.
.
.
.
.
.

I'm waiting for her, outside of her house so we can go to school. It's 7:45 she is still not coming out. She didn't received my calls also. Did she went to school already? As I am thinking about going to their house, Jennie come out.

"Finally! We are gonna be late now." I said as soon as she approached me.

"I know. Let's go." She said through her mask.

It's weird that she is wearing mask and cap. I can't keep up with her because of her speed walk.

"Hey hey slow down! I can't walk fast." I tried to stop her.

"I'm not gonna slow down. The bus will be gone if you keep on being a turtle." She snapped.

"Heyy!! That's my middle name." I joked.

"Sometimes you can be annoying." With that she grabbed my arm and started to run until we get in the bus.

I glared at her, "why the hell did you dragged me? See I'm having problem in breathing!" I huffed.

She chuckled, "stop whining like a kid."

"Why are you wearing mask and cap?" I asked.

I visibly see her clenching her fist, "nothing. I just wanted to wear." Her voice shakes a little.

Something is really not right. I can feel that she is lying.

________________________________________