Prompt #3

Type: Enemies to lovers modern couple 

Scenario: Library date 

"Are you still reading that?"

I didn't know where he came from or why he had shown his face in my space but there was nothing he could have done to convince me to give up such a novel.

The text was stunning and the author knew to much about pleasing its reader. A sorry attribute that this heretic beside me could understand. How could he understand the language, the scenery, the magic of this book. He'd ruin it. He'd give it an awful rating on his website and I'd have to sit through another yelling match to defend it, as always. I thought this time he would understand and this time he would let it go.

"I'm not finished. Give me another week and I'll lend it to you," I grumbled defensively grabbing the book.

He crowded over me before I could say anything. His arms stretched over my desk caging me. I was surprised he hadn't wrestled me to let go of it. Looking up to meet his gaze, he did nothing but smile at me knowing I'd get even more defensive.

"You said that last week and the week before that."

This was new thing he started when i agreed to date him. Making every moment his and making me flush all over again.

"Well you have to convince me to give it to you."