Chapter ten, sea

'That was not Cray.' Hatter was the first to point out, 'when would she meet him then?'

'I have no idea. You said it was Sailing day.' Alice asked.

'Yes, because that is what I remember,' Hatter looked over his shoulder, and he saw his family approaching the palace. 'we must be moving on, I was with my family today and they are coming!' he said, and Alice thought no further, getting into the Chromosphere and back to the sea of time. They were going over a wave, 'We need to find another day she might have met him...' Hatter said, looking through the time machine's options of days. However, before he could look further, suddenly they were hit on the side of the chromosphere by Time himself. He had managed to catch up with them, but in doing so, crashing into them. They all fell down into another wave of wonderland, this time it was another black and white image. Time seemed to disappear, as Alice and Hatter were left staring at the hands of a white king, a white queen, and a few horsemen. They all looked at their crash landing, but decided to not speak to them. The white king was wobbly on his feet, and fell over a few times while they were there.

Alice and Hatter found the chromosphere, but looked at a book that had been left open on the table. It was a long worded book, but it seemed to be in a language they didn't understand. All confusing, Alice tried to read it, but it made no sense. Being all back to front. 'It must be looking glass writing.' She said, and held it up to a nearby mirror.

Jabberwocky

'twas brillig, and slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe

All mimsy where borogoves

And the mome raths outgrabe.

'Why it's the poem of the Jabberwocky!' Alice was reading it to Hatter through a looking glass. 'Why on earth?' she began, and then Time appeared once again.

'Cray. Alice, Wonderland is having the memories of Cray. Those memories you brought and he gave to you. You must leave, it's not safe.' He said, and panted more. 'And give me my chromosphere!!' he yelled, and Alice quickly gave it back to him.

'What do you mean Cray's memories? Wonderland is mine. It can't change, according to him.'

'You are forgetting Alice, Wonderland isn't what you remember. He is filling the gaps. You can't fix this. You were in love, that's why it's being replaced. Your love was stronger.' He said, and rolled his eyes. 'I can't deal with you when I have all of this to fix!'

'Time, you said yourself I couldn't fix this. What made you think you can?' she asked, and he shrugged.

'I can't change the past, neither can you. But I can try to protect our future, by replacing the memories.'

'Time, I can help. I can do that. I can remember Wonderland, it matters so much to me. I don't want it taken away.' Alice pleaded, she didn't want wonderland to disappear because her love had gone else where.

'My dear, if you don't want it to change, it won't. Might I remind you, Cray followed you into Wonderland. He's still here.' He said, and with that left Alice and Hatter.

'Alice... does this mean I—'

'Hatter, no. You won't change. I won't let that happen. I will remember Wonderland. I won't let it be taken away from me.' Alice said, and she proceeded to use Time's push machine to travel back out of the story. No matter how much she'd grown up, the memories of her being little where still here. wonderland would live on, and she would fix this. She just needed to go back to Cray, and fix him first. If he was the one causing so much damage to Wonderland, if he had followed her here, then he would have to leave.