Chapter 27

Enjoy peeps 💕
Third person
Not edited⚠️

Abuja,Nigeria
5th June, 2020

Zayd

Seated on the executive office chair, his fingers working on the computer on the huge mahogany desk, he heard a knock.

Zayd frowned, who could it be? He had no appointments and he didn't call his personal assistant. With a gruff voice he muttered "come in" to see who was intruding his personal space. The only things he does after his last encounter with Afrah is work, and since then, the office has been his humble abode of peace.

Adnan sauntered into the room with a frown on his face. Zayd looked at him confused, two thoughts wondering through his mind. Firstly since after Afrah's incidence, he stopped talking to him because he was mad about what he did to her, heck, everyone stopped talking to him except mammiey and baba and that is because they are also oblivious to what happened.

Secondly, Adnan doesn't knock no matter what, he just barges in like he owns the place and he doesn't care. He doesn't even come to meet him, even when it's important he sends his P.A to relay the message so, he was wondering why he is here.

Zayd raised a brow at Adnan and he knew exactly what he meant. He shook his head and sat down.

"Look you don't need to be all surprised and all that, I just came to tell you that the Martin's deal has been finalized and I need to report to Berlin by Monday". He said his face holding no emotions. Zayd just nodded and played with his pen.

"And who's going to attend to Ravy while your away"? He questioned.

"I already assigned Fabio on it and he will report to me but if there's any problem, he will speak to you about it". He nodded once again. "If that's all I will take your leave now". Adnan turned to leave but a voice held him back.

"Are you still mad at me"? Zayd asked. He was tired of everyone snubbing him and being mad at him. Yes he agreed he made a mistake, and he was already feeling guilty about it but the last think he needed was people rubbing it on his face.

"Look I don't want any of this to happen but you really hurt that girl and I warned you but all you did was do what you felt like not caring about how she felt".

"I know and I'm sorry". Zayd said lowly.

"Do you even realise how your irrational act is having a toll on my relationship". Zayd looked at him shocked "no, no". Adnan scoffed.

"Well yes, because of your actions, hanan has been snubbing me because she thinks me and you caused this palaver upon her friend". He shook his head, he never wanted any of this to happen.

"Am sorry I was just trying to protect her because I don't need to drag her into all this mess that's happening in my life". Adman was really getting mad now.

"Zayd what part of not being together is what's hurting than being together. You think you are better off without each other but you aren't, as long as your not together, the both of you will keep hurting so your better off together. This is the same thing that landed you in this problem don't you understand? This same mentality that your having is what's hurting us all today. You need to move on and leave the past and you need her for it but you don't understand 'cause all these things your doing in the name of protecting her is what's hurting us all". He needs someone to put it through his thick skull and that's what Adnan is doing.

"But I've already hurt her enough and she hates my guts for sure". He met out a chuckle.

"Dude am sure you are hurting enough also and it's time we solve this matter once and for all. You need to leave the past and live in present. Am sure she will also want you to be happy and move on". This time, Adnan's voice was soft.