Chapter 1; Are you okay?

Richie woke up tired, completely drained from last night. Though, he wasn't in his room. Instead he was outside, laying on the front porch. His arm and leg were on fire due to the hot pavement. He sat up and saw that the sun had been up already, meaning he should be on his way to school.

"Shit.." He ran, more likely quickly snuck in, and checked the time. 8:00."Fuck!" he whisper yelled, grabbing his bag and a mirror, rushing outside. He then check the mirror, wiped of the dirt on his face making him look homeless, played with his hair a bit and set off.

When he got there, the outside of the school was abandoned. He put his bike into a bike holder and locked it in. He ran inside and bolted down the halls to his first class.

"Alright everyone, take out your textbooks while I do atte-" the teacher started, only to be interrupted by the door slamming open. It was Richie.

Richie was panting like a dog, he swallowed hard, trying to get a hold of his breath. "Sorry I'm late, had some business to do~" Richie looks at Eddie and smirks. Eddie rolls his eyes, knowing he's referring to a 'your mom' joke.

"My, my, you look disgusting, what happened to you, Richard?" His teacher looks him up and down, noticing his raggy clothes and bruised arm.

"Well, you look great yourself, Miss, thank you. And it's Richie." He seats himself after his teachers brief apology and an eye roll. Eddie immediately looks back at him.

"Uh, okay, I know you're gross, but I also know you're not one to wear the same outfit two days in a row, especially when it looks like that." Eddie examines his clothes and finds the bruise on his arm, which he ignores due to thinking it's Bowers.

"Oh you know, little ol' Richie just tries new things daily, right?" Richie let's out a half-hearted laugh, which Eddie doesn't want to give into, but pretends he does anyway.

————

At lunch everyone gives a quick glance at Richie.

"God, Richie, looking at you is making me lose my appetite," Eddie says, breaking the silence.

"Thanks Eds, it suits me, doesn't it?"

"Sure. Your trash mouth self looking disgusting fits you so well, gotta admit." Mike claims. Stanley rolls his eyes at the comment and Richie's looks.

"Why do you look like that, no offense. Just, you wore the same thing yesterday, just a lot dirtier today." Bev says.

"That's what I'm saying!" Eddie points his hand at Richie, palm upwards.

"You too, Beverly? Oh wow, I'm hurt," Richie puts his hand on his heart and leans back in his chair. "Well, at least I have B-B-Bill, isn't that right?"

"They're r-r-right Ri-Richie, s-s-sorry," Bill agrees and everyone's eyes are laid on Richie.

"Sorry bout it, get back to eating, I'll go do my best to wash off in the bathroom," Richie excuses himself and Bev begins to feel bad as if she made him feel uncomfortable.

"You think he's offended by what we said?" She looks at Eddie.

"It's Richie, I'm sure he's completely fine," Eddie says, even though part of him knows he's lying to Bev, and himself.

The conversation carries on for a while, Richie not returning. The bell rings, signaling it's time to go back to class. The Losers except for Richie get up to leave when they stop.

"Hey wait, did Richie ever come back?" Ben asks, and Bev raises her eyebrow.

"Guess not, but do we have to go look for him?" Stan says, complaining in a sarcastic manner. They take off to look for Richie.