My Demon Tenant is Just So Lovable!

His wallet was the emptiest that he had ever seen it.

It was bound to happen. He had foresaw this day, but he had never thought that it would come so soon. He thought that he still had food money for another week at least! Food for him, excluding all the money that Kyuumi bulldozed through every day.

Honestly, he spoiled her rotten.

He needed money if he was going to support Kyuumi's spending habit.

Good thing he was a ninja. He could just go and do some D rank or maybe even a C rank.

He did not really want to leave the village though.

A D rank would get him enough money for food.

Looking over at his companion, Kyuumi, who was busy swimming around in a puddle of snack wrappers, Naruto stood up from his spot at the table.

"Kyuumi."

She turned her head to look at him, "Hmm?"

"We're broke."

Her eyes immediately widened before she hopped out of the pile of snack wrappers, "S-So we're got no more money?!"

Naruto nodded, "Yes."

"W-Where did it all go!?" asked Kyuumi as she scurried up to him with a confused looked in her eye.

He gave her an incredulous expression.

"What..?"

He then raised a finger and pointed at her.

"W-Why are you pointing..?" asked Kyuumi before she gasped, "M-Me?!"

Naruto nodded.

"B-But how?!"

"You literally eat money. Those glasses you're wearing were super expensive and you always buy way too many snacks at the store!" explained Naruto as he crossed his arms.

"B-But.. Ugh! Fine.. What do you suggest we do?" asked Kyuumi with a pout.

"We're going to need to make some money, Kyuumi," replied Naruto as he reached over and grabbed his wallet from off the table.

"And how are we supposed to do that?"

He looked at her and chuckled, prompting her ears to flap downward as she tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"We live in a ninja village, Kyuumi. I'm a ninja. I can just take a mission," answered Naruto with a small smile.

Kyuumi frowned, "So does that mean you're just gonna leave me in your apartment while you go outside and work?"

"I mean, you can come with me if you want to. I'm just going to be taking a D rank mission," replied Naruto with a shrug as he made a hand-seal and transformed his appearance to his old blonde self.

"What about your team?"

Naruto pursed his lips, "Sakura's busy with her own things at the moment. Sasuke.. Sasuke's somewhere out there doing the dirty with Orochimaru.. It's really just me and you right now."

Kyuumi nodded in understanding before tucking in her ears and tails, "I see.. I will accompany you then on your mission to make enough money to buy me more things."

"Heh," snorted Naruto as he gave her a smile, "You really are hopeless."

"Yes, but it's your fault for perpetuating my hopelessness," replied Kyuumi with a smirk as she suddenly gestured for him to crouch down, "Now piggyback me to wherever you need to go. I honestly don't feel like walking."