Twenty Two

Twenty Two

June 16, 2022

11:32pm

Los Angeles, California

Sage

"That was seriously the best concert I've been to," Evan told me as we hung out outside of the venue in the gated part. Everyone was backstage and taking down parts of the show before tomorrow's show. Evan and I were outside and sitting on some of the steps that led inside the venue.

"They put on some of the best shows," I smiled. "I would know, I've seen it a lot," I joked, which made him laugh.

"I envy that,"

"Sometimes," I shrugged.

"Do you ever miss your life before all the fame and everything?" he asked. "I mean, you have fifty thousand followers now," he reminded me, which made me giggle.

"Kind of, but also no," I thought for a moment. "I don't miss my parents, I don't miss all the abuse, but sometimes I miss how simple it was, I guess," I explained. "But I wouldn't want to go back, I love Ashton and everyone,"

"That makes sense," he nodded. "You seem happier now,"

"I'm a lot happier,"

"Good, you deserve to be happier,"

"What's your plan for the rest of the tour? Are you going?"

"Yeah, it seems like the best option," I shrugged.

"Well, if you don't want to go, you can always stay with me," he said, making me chuckle.

"You would get sick of me,"

"I could never get sick of you," he quickly responded. I looked over at him, both of us just looking at each other. We didn't say anything, but our looks said enough. As if we could read each other's minds, we both leaned in for our first kiss that I had been waiting for years for.

"I really like you, Sage," he quietly told me after we broke the kiss. He kept a hand on my cheek, gently rubbing his thumb in a circle.

"I like you too," I smiled. "I don't think I hid it well,"

He chuckled and shook his head, "You didn't, but I don't think I did either,"

"You did,"

"Can I take you on a date?" he asked. "When you get back,"

"I would love that," I nodded.

"Perfect," he sighed in relief. We saw car lights coming, so we quickly scooted away and looked to see his dad's pulling into the parking lot. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, tomorrow," I confirmed. He got up and went over to the car, getting in the back after sending me a final wave. I watched the car turn around and drive off, keeping a small smile on my face as I bit my lip to contain my excitement.

"Hey, there you are," Ashton said after opening the back door to where I was. "Everything ok?"

"Yeah, everything is great,"