The Lost Memory

Taiyang Xiao Long returned home to see his daughter, Yang sitting on the sofa, after the Fall of Beacon that left Yang the scars that wouldn't be forgotten forever. "Yang, I'm home!" Yang did not respond. Rather to just mope with guilt for the big mistake that costed her her arm.

Flipping from one channel to another that shows the news in the post-Fall of Beacon.

However, one of them she caught was interesting. "We received reports that there was a mysterious man who was in sight during the Fall of Beacon. He wore a black jacket and according to witnesses, he was a cybernetics eye. And along with the jacket was a symbol on the back that represents an ancient organization called the Black Vipers."

"The Black Vipers? That's can't be true." The second reporter said next to the first. "I thought they were a myth to begin with. But whatever that guy was up to, maybe we should considered some kind of search for the figure. Any information on the man, is to call the authorities." Yang shook her head and flipped the channels once again. Taiyang then wants to cheer her up with a package that was sent to her.

"Sweetie, look! Got a package from General Ironwood. I think you should open it." Said Tai, whom others called for short. Then Taiyang saw a piece of paper after feeling like he stepped into something that was stuck between the floors. Taiyang got a bit curious about the paper, maybe from the previous owner of the house left it in storage.

As Taiyang picks it up, it was a picture of Yang as a baby. But to his shock, there was another baby who looks identical to her. Only with Raven hair and pale skin. The second baby somehow reminded him of Yang's birth mother. "What...? I don't remember seeing this photo."

Taiyang examined the photograph as he doesn't remember Raven giving birth to twins. But if so, how come he did not remember having another daughter before Ruby? Did Raven do something to make him lost that memory? Yang, noticing how long her father had been on the floor for more than a second, blinked to see what he was holding.

"Dad, what's up?" Yang asked. Looking over his shoulder and noticed the photo he was holding. Taiyang quickly hid it in his pocket to check more of it later on. "Oh, it's nothing, Yang. Did you opened the package yet?" Asked Tai.

Yang then looks back at the package and stares at a white, robotic arms that was meant for combat. "General Ironwood said you have fought well and wanted to give you this as he admired your courage to take the action in the Fall of Beacon."

"Not sure if I should take this." Yang responded. Suddenly, Taiyang felt a headache that's sends him to a memory he lost 19 years ago, the day Yang was born, but something is amiss.

______________________________________________________________________________

-19 Years Ago-

Yin and Yang are sleeping in the same crib together while Taiyang and Raven watched as they were at awe. Both of the twins were babies at the time. "Look at them, Yang looks just like you, Taiyang." Raven said touching the cheeks of their daughters.

"I think she and Yin mostly looked like you, Raven." Taiyang remarked seeing the similar features to Raven, the outlines to say the least. It was the first and the last time that Taiyang would ever see Yin. Taiyang would then kiss the foreheads of the twins. In the Branwen family, it was rare that twins were born through each and every generation.

"I'm happy to be a dad, but I never realized that we're gonna have twins." Taiyang said, a bit nervous about fathering twins. Being a first time father. Taiyang did not notice that Raven is slipping something in his cup of water before heading to bed with her. "Tell me about it. I don't think I'm nervous at all, knowing that twins come from every generation in my family. Did you forget that Qrow and I are twins too?" Raven chuckled.