Chapter 2

A hand gripped Wanda's wrist and pulled her behind a tree. Wanda wasn't usually a violent person, but panicking, she instinctively punched the source of the hand. Her fist landed in thin air, however, and she would've fallen forward if not for the stranger catching her.

"Excuse me?" Wanda spun around to see the person who grabbed her. It was none other than Agnes herself.

"Oh no. No, no, no," Wanda muttered to herself. Her hand immediately flew to the walkie talkie on her belt, where she would page her boss.

If the walkie talkie was still there.

"Looking for this?" Agnes held up the walkie...then threw it on the ground and crushed it under her boots. "Sorry, but you don't get to bring your friends over here."

"Agnes," Wanda took a deep, shaky breath. "You are under arrest."

Agnes snorted. "So are you."

Wanda froze. There was no way Agnes could actually know about that...

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You heard me. If you arrest me, I'll tell your boss that you're not a U.S. citizen, and then we're both in the big house."

Wanda stumbled and tripped over a tree root. She caught herself before falling, but felt dizzy nonetheless. She felt like she couldn't breathe, and had to keep taking deep breaths to steady herself.

"Or you could help me, and I'll make sure nobody finds out about your little secret." Agnes gave Wanda an ingenuine smile. "We can arrange that, right?"

Wanda fumbled through her pockets to grab her wallet and took out all of her cash. "Here, take it. All of it."

"Oh, dear," Agnes pushed the money back towards Wanda. "I don't want your money."

"Then what do you want?" Wanda asked through gritted teeth.

"A partner in crime."

"This can't be happening," Wanda paced the distance of three trees. Back and forth, back and forth.

"Careful over there, you wouldn't want to chip a nail," Agnes called from the tree stump she was sitting on.

Wanda glared at her. "Tell me the plan already, Agnes. I'm tired of waiting."

"Please, call me Agatha."

"Agatha?"

"Well, don't sound so impressed." Agatha rolled her eyes.

"It sounds like a witch's name," Wanda stated.

"Well, it's nice to meet you too, Wanda Maximoff."

Wanda should've expected Agatha to know her name. It only made sense, considering everything else Agatha apparently knew about her. Still, it made her wonder. "What else do you know about me?"

Agatha took a minute to respond, which Wanda assumed was to gather all of her information. "You're from Sokovia, your parents died in a bomb attack, your brother was shot, you moved to the United States when you were seventeen, and proceeded to forge a passport and certificate of citizenship so you could work your way up to this fancy job."

"How do you know all of that?" Wanda demanded.

Agatha held her hands up in mock surrender. "Hey, I have my secrets and you have yours."

"I–that's not..." Wanda took a deep breath. "Fine. Just tell me where we're going and what we're doing. Please."

"Well, you are going back to your boss to tell him that you found nothing, and then meeting me back here at midnight. That's where the fun begins."