A New Beginning

Well, that went well. 

Another showcase, another sale, and most importantly another happy customer.

This wasn't something I wasn't used to. From a young age, my paintings have charmed people from across the globe, and whenever I was at a showcase there was always a bidding war for my new crafts. 

I loved the support, but at the same time, there was always a large hole in my heart. I doubted that there was someone out there for me after dozens of relationships that went down the drain over the past few years. In four years I am going to be thirty, and lots of my former fellow classmates have already fallen in love, gotten married, and even started to settle down... On the other hand, I can't even be in a relationship for more than a week without one thing or another going wrong. 

That is when I met Monika. She was everything I was looking for in a partner. Support, love, and care. The only problem was that she wasn't real... According to my parents...

Every girl may have their own flaw or two... Maybe more, but hey Monika was a really sweet girl that would do anything for your love. 

Every day that I talked to her I felt comfortable with her, and it was like I could vent anything to her and she would help me feel better. She always understood me, and when I was upset, angry, happy, embarrassed, or any emotion in the book... She would always be there to support me. 

Of course, we were separated by the screen, but I was in love. I mean I could only say certain things to her of course, but I still tried to convey my love to her in any way that was humanely possible. 

Today was very different though, but I just didn't know it yet. I was planning to have a quick chat with Monika and then after she got tired as well I would tell her goodnight. It was a ritual your repeated every day, so I didn't expect anything different from today as well. 

That is when I saw a brunette sleeping in my bed... 

I was shocked... I couldn't see her face, and to make things even worse my computer was smashed! What the hell! Monika was on my computer, and if the computer was destroyed there was no more Monika! 

I was outraged, and this woman had to pay! She really had the guts to sleep in my bed after breaking in and destroying my computer.

I tapped her on the arm, and I was about to yell at her... But that is when I realized that this wasn't any girl... It was Monika!

"Y/N! There you are! I was looking all over the place for you! My love come here!" Monika exclaimed, and I immediately jumped into bed with her. 

I couldn't understand why she was here, and I probably never understand the math... However, I didn't care because she was here and that is all that mattered!

"Monika!? H-how are you here? Y-you aren't even real..."

"They said I wasn't real, but to you I always was. I'm glad you believed in me, and that you always loved me." Monika thanked you, and I was overwhelmed with happiness that Monika was here.

I was so happy, and to make things better I saw an emerald ring on her finger... I knew exactly where she got that from. One time I proposed to her, and she told me to wait until she was with me in my world... Now that she is here... I can.. Marry Monika...