One Last Day

Today is the day... where a fully rejuvenated Kel rushes down from his bedroom to the living room to grab a quick sandwhich filled with scrambled eggs and mayonnaise as a light snack for the road. Hero - on the other hand - drags his squirmy brother to the bathroom to at least groom himself to be at least decent-looking before heading out at any point in time.

While Kel is doing his daily chores and tending to his baby sister's needs at the same time for the time being, he soon remembers that today is the final day where his practically silent friend is about to move homes for good. Suddenly, his motivation takes a significant hit, knowing that he'll be out of their lives... just like four years ago.

His baby sister reaches out to him with her stubby hands and making random noises out of nowhere. Seeing that she is present, the boy doesn't want his youngest sibling to feel any tinge of distress from the middle child's well being and so he reassures to her that everything is fine and dandy.

Later, his mother and father enters the living room with more packaging for the infant than last time. Kel gently plops the baby to her crib to assist his parents with transferring the heavy cardboard boxes upstairs... and he catches wind that they are starting to tire out a lot faster even with support. After everything has been loaded into a vacant room, the mother and father are panting out of exhausting.

" Oh, dear Kel, " the mother comes in for a big hug to her second son, " thanks for being such a good boy and helping us whenever we need it. "

" That's right, son, " the father chimes in as he puts his hand on the teenager's shoulder, " speaking of that, you're shaping to become a more physically able man than I ever was at your age. "

" Honey, even our eldest son has more muscle than you. I doubt it's even an accomplishment recently. "

" I would've appreciated if you left that part out, thank you, sweetie. "

" Anyhow, " Kel claps his hands to get the parents' undivided attention, " I was wondering if you would let me and my bro leave the house... possibly for an entire day? "

" Now why would you like that, son? Don't tell me... do you not like it here anymore...? "

" No, no. Of course not, Ma! I'll never hate living with you guys! It's just that... we have to help Sunny and his mom move out of the neigborhood. "

" Is that so, " the middle-aged man and pats his son on the back, " then sure, kid. Just remember to do all of the chores you were assigned to do today. "

" No worries, Pa. Done and dusted... and Sally is sleeping soundly on her crib, snuggling her favoriate toys. "

" If that's the case, then go ahead... but I think it would be best if your older brother were accompany you while you're out. Just... to make sure you won't be into any trouble, sweetie... "

" Maaaaaaa! I'm not a little kid anymore! I'm a grown man and I can handle myself just fine! "

" Nu-uh, " she embraces her son once again but with an embrace made from steel, leaving Kel to gasp for air, " no matter what age you are, you will always be our little troublemaker! "

" M-Ma! I can't breᵃᵗʰᵉ.... Let go, plᵉᵃˢᵉ... "

After everything has been sorted out, Kel runs to the hallway and dashes straight towards his older brother's room. Although he does believe that he can take care of himself without adult supervision whatsoever, the hyperactive rascal wants Hero to tag along with him to spend some brotherly time before he leaves soon for university once again.

Kel knocks once and he does not respond.

" Hey bro," the tanned teenager knocks on the college student's door again and suddenly barges himself in, " look alive! We have something very important to do today? "