The Fight

First attempt at a different take on a story wish me luck.

"John. I'm not sure we can keep getting away with this." Claire told her ravenette-haired 'friend.'

"Yeah! What the hell would happen to us if you lose!?" Adrion exclaimed towards his golden-eyed childhood friend.

He simply smirked as they boarded their plane for a turf wars battle against Wellston.

"What would happen to you if I lose? Simple. That won't and can't happen. I. Always. Win." He gritted his teeth as he spoke his last three words.

Their flight to Wellston was quite quick and boring. Claire couldn't get the vision of John facing off against a girl with similar powerful aura to him. Her presence matched John's. The thought of what he would take his anger out on if he lost ate her up.

They had finally reached their destination.

John never let go of his smirk. Even on the train ride, he remained quiet and contained, something that almost never happens. Wellston was no joke, John knew that much. But he was confident in his ability and its power.

They finally arrived. To say John was excited to take down the strongest students in the entirety of Wellston.

Claire and Adrion agreed to go, not because they were afraid to see John beat a bunch of students to a pulp, but rather, to see how well John could face off against ability users near his ability level.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't New Boston's youngest and strongest king. What brings you to Wellston? Is it to lose? Or is it for some time to bathe in the light of Wellston's greatest?" A blonde-haired short student monologued.

"Nope. Just wanted to bash your guys' skulls into the ground. Now! Who's up first! And I'm not talking about that Queen of yours! I want to see what the rest of you are made of!" John cracked his knuckles, truly believing this battle was his to win.

The Jack stepped up, ready to challenge the King of New Boston. "I'll be your first opponent."

John smiled and laughed sadistically. "Hehe. This is going to be the battle of a life time."

The battle between the Jack and the King wasn't much for John. Needless to say, he brutally beat their skulls to the ground, as he promised. It was the Queen who changed the tide of the battle.

He had his hands on Arlo's ability, Remi's ability, and Elaine's ability. (To heal himself you know?)

The Queen and John readied themselves.

John laughed, bloodlust and sinister behind it, "So... you're the Time Queen? The Goddess of Wellston? The unstoppable force. Guess that makes two of us."

He readied himself, summoning his barrier and surrounding it with the strongest lightning he could muster.

Seraphina stood and watched.

Claire and Adrion anticipated the upcoming scene.

Within a second, Seraphina had made it in front of John's barrier, and put in a small, but very noticeable crack in it. His barrier was going to take some time to break, time... something Seraphina had infinite amounts of.

"GAAHH!!" John fell down to his knees, immediately activating Elaine's healing that he copied.

Seraphina reeled back at the increased recoil damage from John's barrier. John's eyes widened at the realization of how powerful Seraphina was.

'Like hell I'll lose to a bitch like you!' These kinds of thoughts raced through his mind. His barrier regenerated from his healing.

Seraphina slammed her fist into the barrier again. Another crack appeared, John desperately followed by healing himself. Or at least, TRYING to. Seraphina wouldn't give him a small breath of air. She continuously pounded her fists into the barrier, rewinding her injuries.

'I must be perfect. I can't lose. I can't be imperfect. What would happen if I lose? I can't lose! No one will see me as perfect anymore! They'll all just... talk....

I have to win! I HAVE TO BE PERFECT' Seraphina couldn't get that thought out of her head.

John's thoughts on the other hand we're animalistic and savage. The thought of bashing her head wouldn't leave. He hated the thought of losing to her. HE HAD TO WIN. HE HAD TO BE THE STRONGEST.

One last blow was sent to the barrier until it finally shattered. John felt Seraphina's fist collide with his stomach. He deactivated the abilities he copied.

'I'm a fucking level 7.0! There's no way I'm weaker than you! I can just copy your ability. YOU CAN'T BE THAT STRONG!'

He copied it. But to say it could compete with Seraphina was an overstatement. He activated what he copied and was met with surprise of an ability he couldn't hold onto for a while. The ability he copied was weak and nothing compared to what he was going against.

Everything he did was done in slow motion for Seraphina.

He couldn't catch up to her.

HE COULDN'T WIN. But he wouldn't accept that. So he did something he, nor Seraphina would expect.

He stopped. Time Manipulation was taking a toll on him at that point. He couldn't keep it going.

He deactivated the ability and copied one he let go of.

Seraphina stopped and looked at John. She was wary but confused as to why he chose to go back to normal speed.

She deactivated her ability and walked to him.

"Do you forfeit?"

John simply lifted his arms and put it on her shoulders. "I should be asking you that." He grinned one last sadistic smile and summoned the strongest lightning he could muster. Unfortunately for both of them, Seraphina reacted as quickly as possible. She punched him at least 30 times in her Dull Time Zone before getting shocked to unconsciousness.

John on the other hand was sent flying, a bunch of bone crunching CRACKS being heard.

It was a tie.

Between Wellston's Perfect Queen.

And New Boston's Tyrant King.

Fate is cruel.

When it makes two enemies cross paths.